Are Argentines Promiscuous?

Are Argentines More Promiscuous?

• I'm Argentine and I believe We are MORE Promiscuous than is Average in the World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Argentine and I believe We are LESS Promiscuous

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm Argentine and I believe We are the SAME

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I'm a North American and believe Argentines are MORE Promiscuous

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I'm a NA and believe Argentines are LESS Promiscuous

• I'm a NA and believe Argentines are the SAME

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I'm a Euro-pat and believe Argentines are MORE Promiscuous

• I'm a Euro-pat and believe Argentines are the LESS Promiscuous

• I'm a Euro-pat and believe we are the SAME

• I'm from elsewhere and believe MORE

• I'm from elsewhere and believe LESS

• I'm from elsewhere and believe the SAME

• No Opinion

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Actually when he was archbishop he was a constant thorn in the side of the Kirchners, forever condemning corruption and the evils of capitalism. As Pope he is not so free to criticize heads of state (he is one himself) but he goes on damning capitalism and preaching simplicity. It would be nice to think that he has spoken privately to Cristina about her lavish life style but I doubt it.

Promoting adoration of a Middle Eastern zombie suggests a simpleton rather than simplicity.

Actually when he was archbishop he was a constant thorn in the side of the Kirchners, forever condemning corruption and the evils of capitalism. As Pope he is not so free to criticize heads of state (he is one himself) but he goes on damning capitalism and preaching simplicity. It would be nice to think that he has spoken privately to Cristina about her lavish life style but I doubt it.

Right, it is called Christianism.

So, Frank took his sins to Rome?

Yes he did that and the Argentines, so proud to have produced a pope, have seen the light. Haven't you noticed the difference? Sunday morning is the most dangerous time for driving ... Everyone is going to church.

That photo speaks volumes about the totally single minded ideology of that woman.
How would the press or the Vatican feel if I presented his Holiness with a KKK tee-shirt?
Different, but the same.

That photo speaks volumes about the totally single minded ideology of that woman.
How would the press or the Vatican feel if I presented his Holiness with a KKK tee-shirt?
Different, but the same.

I see your point. Did the pope know that he was going to be presented with a politicized t-shirt? I don 't know the answer and I am not sure of his reaction. A lot of his thinking, in my opinion, comes from his experience with Peronism. It accounts in part for his authoritarianism (despite all the good press, the truth is that the man is a lot like Cistiana when he deals with tnose who disgree with him). Both he and CFK are populists, authoritarians, Peronists. Cristina enjoys putting on a show of extravagance; the pope likes putting on a show of anti-extravgance. They both have shrewd political instincts.

Watching various talking heads desperately trying to assimilate that image into the world of nonsense they and so many Argentines have constructed around Francisco has been some of the most entertaining television of the year.

The papa hate-in on social media was merely the other side of the coin for those not so adept at negating it all into insignificance.

It made me go back to Andrew Graham-Yooll's article of the other day:
It is always easier to identify with the pack. And in the same style suddenly and collectively turn against the object of our former loving.
It is a pity that at some point each one of us will have to agree to losing those fantasies that we create on an average once a decade, because when that spread of time passes we will have to deny again all that we argued made us the best in the world.
Peronism is Argentine-ism

This was an argasm of Argentine-ism.

Apparently it's a test given and those are the country averages. :)

If anyone cares to take it...

Here are the seven numbers that were added together to get your promiscuity measure:
  • The number of sexual partners you have had in the last year, multiplied by five.
  • The number of sexual partners you see yourself having in the next five years (realistically, not optimistically, and no greater than 30).
  • The number of one-night-stands you have had, multiplied by five.
  • On a scale of one to eight where one is “never” and eight is “every day”, how often do you fantasize about someone other than your current/most recent partner, multiplied by four.
  • On a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 9 (strongly agree) how would you agree with the statement “Sex without love is OK”. Multiply that number by 0.66.
  • Same as above but with the statement “I can imagine myself being comfortable and enjoying casual sex with different partners”. Again it needs to be multiplied by 0.66.
  • On a (new) scale of 1 (strongly agree) to 9 (strongly disagree) how would you agree with the statement “I would have to be closely attached to someone (both emotionally and psychologically) before I could feel comfortable and fully enjoy having sex with him or her”. Multiply that number by 0.66.
Oooh! Now I get it. I was wondering how us kiwis ranked so high on this list, now I see it's a reading comprehension and mathematics exam! We always score highly on those international exams for these things!
(I was going to defend us against the sheep jokes, but I see the promiscuity test never actually mentions 'people' or 'human'. :p )

Back