Are Chile to Argentina multiple entries possible?

hombre2018

Registered
Hi every! I'm new here. I have a question hoped you guys could help me figure out. Thank in advance.

I am in the country that required a tourist visa to enter Argentina. I have to apply for tourist visa at Argentina's Embassy in my country. And I have visa exemption to enter Chile.

I just want to live legally as long as possible in Argentina to obtain citizenship. So my plan is to go to Chile first then apply visa to enter Argentina. After 90 days, I go back to Chile and apply a new visa to enter Argentina again and so on. Would that works? Will Argentina's Embassy refuse my visa application for that?

Thank you again. Hope you guys could help me.

Hi every! I'm new here. I have a question hoped you guys could help me figure out. Thank in advance.

I am in the country that required a tourist visa to enter Argentina. I have to apply for tourist visa at Argentina's Embassy in my country. And I have visa exemption to enter Chile.

I just want to live legally as long as possible in Argentina to obtain citizenship. So my plan is to go to Chile first then apply visa to enter Argentina. After 90 days, I go back to Chile and apply a new visa to enter Argentina again and so on. Would that works? Will Argentina's Embassy refuse my visa application for that?

Thank you again. Hope you guys could help me.

The indefinite renewal of your visa is not legal and the embassy will give you at most one extension, because a visa is valid for 90 days and can be prolonged to 180 days max. Once you have passed the 180 days in a calendar year, you cannot legally stay any longer in Argentina with a tourist visa.

The user Bajo_cero2 is a lawyer who regularly posts on this forum and has experience with these kind of questions, you can ask him for professional advice.

Last edited:
@toongeorges
Thank you. So you mean after 180 days, if I go to Chile then apply for new visa, they will reject it? I have to wait until the next year to be able to come to Argentina again? Or if they approve, I can go to live 180 days period again?

I see the approvement for a visa depend on my situation. If i'm not good enough, then embassy will not give me the visa. Now I consider to apply to an university to extend my staying. Do you have any ideas, any suggestion with my case?

You can just overstay and apply for citizenship straight.
Thank you Dr Rubilar. I've read many useful posts by you. I consider to overstay too. I just want to stay legally in case I need to go back to my country and come back Argentina again.

I see the approvement for a visa depend on my situation. If i'm not good enough, then embassy will not give me the visa. Now I consider to apply to an university to extend my staying. Do you have any ideas, any suggestion with my case?

I suggest you enter the member name "Okay" in a search, leaving the search box blank. After you see the results, click on the titles of the topics he started and read the posts.

It took a while for Okay to provide the important details of his situation. At first he was simply trying to "confirm" if he would be (automatically) granted a tourist visa if he entered Argentina from Uruguay. He eventually provided details about his experience trying to get a student visa and why it is very important to follow the correct procedure. After being denied a student visa Okay was then denied a tourist visa. He hasn't posted recently.

Whether or not you seriously want to be a student, I think it might be a better idea to come as a tourist and stay until you can apply for admission to an approved university. That shouldn't require as much paperwork as getting a student visa at the Argentine embassy. Just be sure to bring everything you need to get a student visa with you.

I consider to overstay too. I just want to stay legally in case I need to go back to my country and come back Argentina again.

It would also be helpful to know for sure that you can get a prorroga de permanencia (90 day extension of your tourist visa) at migraciones before you plan your first visit. Just don't plan on leaving the country and returning in less than 180 days (if ever) without having temporary residency (which a student visa conveys).

Hi Steve. Thank you for helpful advices. I've already read the thread of Okay. He and I get the same situation. We have to get a tourist visa to enter Argentina. Right now I'm planning travel several countries around my country before apply Argentina visa. So that would be more convinced to the embassy.

It would also be helpful to know for sure that you can get a prorroga de permanencia (90 day extension of your tourist visa) at migraciones before you plan your first visit. Just don't plan on leaving the country and returning in less than 180 days (if ever) without having temporary residency (which a student visa conveys).
Yes. I will remember to check this. Now getting the tourist visa is the hardest part of the plan.

Okay...and I get the same situation. We have to get a tourist visa to enter Argentina. Right now I'm planning travel several countries around my country before apply Argentina visa. So that would be more convinced to the embassy...Now getting the tourist visa is the hardest part of the plan.

I think you have a good plan to get the tourist visa by traveling to other countries before you apply for a tourist visa to enter Argentina, but that's is just my intuition.

I'm sure it would take a lot more effort to get a student visa than a tourist visa and you would actually have to be enrolled and attend the classes, but if you can qualify for admission to an approved university in Argentina, you might have better chance of getting into the country.

I simply don't know it migraciones makes it harder for tourists than students who are coming from your (yet to be disclosed?) country.

Last edited:
I've already read the thread of Okay. He and I get the same situation. We have to get a tourist visa to enter Argentina.

I believe that the consulate in Nigeria told Okay they would not give him a tourist visa. It looks like his only hope of getting into Argentina with a student visa is to satisfy their requirements.

Back