Are extra flight stops to BA cheaper?

syngirl said:
That's funny -- I would have thought the other way, since Edmonton is desperately trying to get people to use their airport instead of Calgary. I guess Calgary can afford to slash taxes and keep the people coming through there? Edmonton Int'l is under threat of being shut down from what I've read the past few weeks.

I was under the impression that it was already closed? Well, that shows what I know, I don't pay attention to anything that is happening around here. I do remember my econ prof ranting about how dumb the decision was though, as most cities would kill to have an airport in the center right near the downtown. Oh well..

British Airways aren't bad but they are majorly overpriced. The service isn't that good.

Avianca is pretty cheapish and reliable.

Have you considered buying 1 way tickets? (It's an airline issue, some won't allow 1 way, others will). Typically when you have a return date that far away, the ticket will be really expensive.

I fly btwn the US and here about 6x a year and I've never paid more that 1500 USD so I would guess the ticket you're looking at is on the highest end of the price range. You may be better off waiting. But again, it's my experience that if you book a ticket with that long a space btwn departure and arrival, the system automatically assigns the highest price to it.

ETA - I will also happily pay more to not have to connect. There is nothing worse that getting off a plane after a long flight, having to pick up your bags, clear customs and then get back on the plane.

use YAPTA to track several. Then if you buy and the price goes down you collect a refund for the diff. I think Orbiz does this also.

try cont. airlines... I came up with $1100US out of Calgary.. I just PM'd you with it.... cheers

There are no bargain fares to BA. Airfares, like everything else, these days, will not go down. I checked Air Canada from Vancouver to Sao Paulo and Gol (the only no frills airline in South America) to BA vs. Vancouver to BA. The direct fare is US$45.00 less and you won't have to pay a second airline for checked baggage. You have nothing to lose by checking with local travel agencies in your area. Also, check the travel agency ads in the travel sction of your (usually) Sunday newspaper.

Check out www.compete4yourseat.com. There are(probably) never bargain fares to BA. You won't save by flying to Sao Paulo on AC and then Gol (the only no frills airline in South America) to BA. You have nothing to lose by checking with travel agents in your area and also their ads in the travel section on your Sunday newspaper. Air fares will go down at about the same time prices of everything else goes down.........NEVER.

Back