Are There Any Potlucks Planned?

I hear you, Rich, but potlucks have their own special charm... unfortunately, I cannot host. Do you know anyone who can? We could make it a requirement of attendees to provide the host their full names and contact information to decrease safety concerns...

In my previous xp it requires some effort. Some bring a bottle of Seven Up, others a banana bread, or a small portion of humus for a couple. Needs to coordinate the appetizers with entrees and desserts...! Plus wine and sodas. To be feasible requires a minimum of six.
Good luck

I have been to potlucks in BA where I carried a elaborate main dish ( which took me 2-3 hrs to prepare - cookimg is one of my fav. hobbies). I also carried a expensive 400 peso wine bottle.

While some of the others came with a quilmes beer, 330 l or 2 empanadas or 7 up 1 litre like rich one said. When one sees this, it makes feel one angry.

If I have time and "me da la gana" I'll be happy to cook, otherwise I'll just buy some drinks. The point of a potluck should be to spend time together, unless it is a food geeks convention (which would be very cool, btw).

Ceviche, you sound like you have social performance anxiety.

If I have time and "me da la gana" I'll be happy to cook, otherwise I'll just buy some drinks. The point of a potluck should be to spend time together, unless it is a food geeks convention (which would be very cool, btw).

Ceviche, you sound like you have social performance anxiety.

Ceviche is very active socially ...Outside the baexpats community. :rolleyes:

The point of a potluck should be to spend time together

sure, then there is no need for anyone to cook at all. Just meet up for coffee in Alto palermo and "spend time together" along with Miss M!

And some members who are not financially privileged, may not even buy the "expensive" starbucks coffee, but just be there for the meet-up to meet Miss M.

Come spring, this would be very doable at the ranch, just hitch up the team and head out west 100 miles ,lol remember to bring tobacky,sugar, bacon, coffee and 44-40 cartridges...... unless you guys wanna risk it and do it in the winter ....... ( think of the Donner party) ;)

wagon_trains_page6b.jpg

I have a better idea:

What about pool some money and buy an small home or apartment here in the city and create an Expat Club with memberships, stock ownership, etc.
It could be for members only or allow visitors (for an small fee, etc).
At one time there was such a place in San Telmo, I think. It was rented, so when they rised the rent too much they closed the place.
It could also be a place in theTIGRE, on the waterfront, etc. We could do anything we want there. Comments please?

Back