Are we still required to do 2 weeks of quarantine upon re-entry to Argentina?

I returned and no one ever checked on me. Matter of fact I skipped the line leaving the airport where I think you may have been required to register your address.

My wife arrived last week and is currently in quarantine. No one has checked...

I returned and no one ever checked on me. Matter of fact I skipped the line leaving the airport where I think you may have been required to register your address.

Let us know at the end of two weeks if she's been checked on

They have your address in the DDJJ you fill online before your flight and also the one (same address presumably) when they stamp your passport.

Sorry this is a potentially really dumb one! But am I right in thinking you are a resident here and that's why you were allowed back in? I'd like to pop back to the UK and think they'd allow me to leave, but doubt Argentina would welcome me back in again

. The authorities DO however follow up on denuncias from neighbors etc. In such cases the Police are usually sent to investigate

This is really the whole issue about this virus in CABA. The neighbors, the porteros, the admin of the edificios, have all gone lunatic. Henceforth, my decision to shift to a "standalone" house ( and the ones without the community/ main gate/portero living type).. //Yeah, yeah..I will be tortured 3rd degree to death ( as per feedback from the forum) ...but its Ok...Cant stand the antics of neighbors, porteros and admin during this event.

Last edited:
Sorry this is a potentially really dumb one! But am I right in thinking you are a resident here and that's why you were allowed back in? I'd like to pop back to the UK and think they'd allow me to leave, but doubt Argentina would welcome me back in again
Correct if you entered on a tourist stamp/visa and leave you won't be allowed back in until they lift the restrictions currently in place. The only way to remedy this is apply for a temporary residency if you are eligible and travel on the precaria they will issue.

You need a DNI or precaria to come back. We even had some issues as my wife has only the family visa. On first attempt they didn't want to let her in. We are making an appointment at the office as soon as quarantine is over to get the precaria started and end this nonsense.

This is really the whole issue about this virus in CABA. The neighbors, the porteros, the admin of the edificios, have all gone lunatic. Henceforth, my decision to shift to a "standalone" house ( and the ones without the community/ main gate/portero living type).. //Yeah, yeah..I will be tortured 3rd degree to death ( as per feedback from the forum) ...but its Ok...Cant stand the antics of neighbors, porteros and admin during this event.

I've heard these stories about tell tale neighbors, porters etc. Is it really widespread? And do any officials really check up?

i can verify the neighors story. they called the admistrator who emailed me threatening to call the police if i was seen outside my apartment. that was in march. i had no idea a requirement to quarantine was in place. i left on one of the last flights out. nice 3 day vacation.

Back