Are we still required to do 2 weeks of quarantine upon re-entry to Argentina?

Why can't they do a Covid test in the airport?
You are talking about Argentina... Anyway covid usually takes 3-5 days to show up once exposed so still chance of infection while traveling (data suggests it's more unlikely though). Best course of action is isolate then test 5 days after, all clear go.

Ideally a test could be in the departing airport and then at Ezeiza. Anyway TWO weeks is exaggerated. Seen days is quite enough. Argentina overreacts. Strict rules are enforced capriciously and then totally ignored where they matter more.

Ideally a test could be in the departing airport and then at Ezeiza. Anyway TWO weeks is exaggerated. Seen days is quite enough. Argentina overreacts. Strict rules are enforced capriciously and then totally ignored where they matter more.
It doesn't make much sense when risk of infection is higher in destination...

so no one enforces anything...
A few months ago in the city they would stop by your house or apt once during your 14 days after arriving from abroad to check to see if you were keeping the quarrentine.

A few months ago in the city they would stop by your house or apt once during your 14 days after arriving from abroad to check to see if you were keeping the quarrentine.

Can confirm NO enforcement by the authorities. I did my 14 days last week. But if you have a nosy vecino or an overly arduous portero, they will call the police if they suspect you are violating the cuarentena. I was very lucky and my neighbors didn't care and I do not have a portero, so while I did stay home I did move around the building, pick up delivery from downstairs, go out to throw away the trash, etc.

Cruising to the finish line on my wife's quarantine. So far no one has checked. No one checked on me either when I returned in June.

Do you actually think someone would check? That would take effort and resources.

Back