Are You A Citizen?

are you rejecting any cases like Gabriel Cerrano?

Or accept one and all who walks in your door with the cash?

Well, i don t understand your question, please clarify me what kind of cases does he reject.

I specialize on difficult cases so, i accept cases that other lawyers reject. I won cases with illegal entry, with fake passport, with criminal records, with prostitution as an honest way of living, with deportation arrest order, fake marriage, etc.

I reject cases when they are victims of trafficking and they come with the mafia, when they are pimps, drug dealers or they expect that i make fraud for them.

I am considering all possibilities including staying as we are, tourists for less than 6 months each year.

The reason for my question is to find out if becoming a citizen really is an option. Is it common or rare. Just looking for some facts.

It is an option. You have 4 excellent judges, 2 more or less, 1 difficult, 1 awful.
When you apply your lawyer can dismiss the judge automatically only once. This helps to avoid the bad judges.

I got citizenship a year ago using Dr Rubilar. I have no Argentine family or partner (just Argentine cats). I had lived here for 5 years on tourist visas at the point I began the process, and had owned and lived in a local property for most of that time. I didn't need any witnesses as I used bank statements to support my 'honest way of earning a living'. As these were foreign bank statements I had to pay to have them translated, summarised, and attested to by a local accountant - Dr Rubilar organised that part of the process. I had no other complicated personal circumstances. My level of Spanish was adequate but not super fluent.

The total process took 2 years although I had all necessary documentation (including translations in the required form) at the outset. There was a technical complication during the process (related to the reports the judge orders, and so not in my or my lawyer's control) and this complication required an appeal. The appeal was handled (successfully of course) by Dr Rubilar as part of the initially agreed cost. However the appeal contributed considerably to the time it took to complete the process.

I paid the lawyer's fee in 2 portions - 2/3 on starting the process and the final installment when the process was completed. Dr Rubilar also made my appointment to get my DNI for the same day as I got my citizenship. The DNI arrived 3 weeks later by post.

Now that the courts are more used to applicants using the constitutional approach to getting citizenship (largely pioneered by Dr Rubilar) it may be more likely that a person could go through this process successfully without a lawyer. But I would advise stocking up on the valium is you want to try it!

Seriously, my advice is to get a good lawyer if you want to do this. And then be grateful to your lawyer and to Argentina when you get your citizenship. My country of origin is not as generous to people who just decide to move there.

Good luck
La Fleur

And the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is... an Argentinian passport? For the love of God, why? That only makes sense when your other one is from Venezuela or Bolivia.

And the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is... an Argentinian passport? For the love of God, why? That only makes sense when your other one is from Venezuela or Bolivia.

Just a few possible reasons:
Can live/work in any Mercosur country legally without sponsorship.
Can come and go without worrying about getting rejected by a pissy immigration officer.
Can leave for 20 years and come back when things are better / when life somewhere else gets rough / when you need good and cheap health care / when you need to hunker down somewhere to wait out a storm in your life.
Can leave for 20 years and come back when things are different and people can no longer get passports here that easily.
Can live in other countries without returning every 2 years to maintain residence like perm. residency people have to do.
Can never get revoked like residency.
Can enter countries like China and Russia as a tourist without paying $100+ dollars in visa fees. Also some other countries have cheaper visas for Argies.
Because you have friends and connections that you worked hard to make here and know how the system works in case in the future you want to start up some kind of enterprise or project (more likely when the situation gets better).
Because even though it sucks right now, most Argies agree that it's cyclical and it will get better at some point, at least for a little while!

Are there any readers of this posting that are not married to an Argentine, don't have an Argentine Mother or Father or Child that has successfully become an Argentine citizen?

Thanks T/

Zhesss, que querés?

This is hearsay, but someone told me that it goes like this. There are 11 (?) judges and 2 of them really do not like the fact that people apply for citizenship through the federal courts, so they try to block it or push it forward indefinitely. If you get assigned one of these judges, you can ask for a re-assignment only once. If you get the other judge for the re-assignment, there is very little chance for your case. The chance of getting both judges is about 15%. The lawyers usually charge you half the total cost of the process up front, so it's a 15% chance of losing just half of the money that it would cost for the lawyer.

THIS IS WHAT I HEARD BUT I COULD BE WRONG!!!!

There are 11 courts but only 6 judges. There are another 2 judges who are lawyers who works as a judge. It means that some judges are working in 2 courts.
But every court has 2 secretaries. It means that if fact, you have 22 courts.
Every secretary is ruled by a Secretary and he/she is, in facts, your judge. If you account them, then you have 11 bad secretaries: it means 50% are bad. This are your chances without a lawyer.

But a lawyer can appeal the decisions of the secretary (11/11) before the judge (6/2) and the decisions of the judge before the chamber. So, your chances are better.

It is an option. You have 4 excellent judges, 2 more or less, 1 difficult, 1 awful.
When you apply your lawyer can dismiss the judge automatically only once. This helps to avoid the bad judges.
Can you tell me if judges Antonio I. Rojas Salinas and Ivan E Garbarino are of the good ones? and secretaries Fernando Gabriel Galati and Maria Andrea Salamendy?

Back