Are You A Citizen?

TomAtAlki

Registered
Are there any readers of this posting that are not married to an Argentine, don't have an Argentine Mother or Father or Child that has successfully become an Argentine citizen?

Thanks T/

Okay. almost 100 people have looked at this question and nobody has said anything. Does this mean that no one on this forum that is not related to an Argentine has successfully become a new Argentine citizen.

Bajo_cero2....any success stories?

I guess what I'm really asking is what are my chances if I apply for citizenship.

T/

We are permanent residents. We were employed by an Argentine company to work here and they helped us do our papers.

Tom, I'm curious why you are considering citizenship instead of permanent residency? But don't want to ask you a too personal question if it is....

Thought Steve would have popped up by now. He's your guy. I don't know anyone in real life, no. My husband had the option to become a citizen a couple years go not having any Argentine relatives/children and chose not to because he didn't see the point, but he's from an associated Mercosur country.

I sent you a PM. I have citizenship since August 2013. I renewed my tourist visa for 13 years with trips to Colonia every 90 days and a few times at migraciones. I intended to stay in Argentina from the day I arrived, February 3, 1999.

The only way you're going to know about your "chances" is by consulting a lawyer who specializes in the area and has been successful in other citizenship cases. It is something that you can do yourself, but you need an excellent command of the language. You need that anyway for the language test.

I suggest consulting with the lawyer who helped Arlean Kelly get citizenship. Search the forum for his name and telephone.

Back