Are You A Neo-Liberal?

Are you a Neo-Liberal?

• Yes, I'm an Argentine Neo-Liberal.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes, I'm a Foreign Neo-Liberal (Non-Argentine)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No, I'm Argentine and I am NOT a Neo-Liberal

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I'm a Foreigner and I am NOT a Neo-Liberal

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I'm Argentine and I don't know or care if I am a Neo-Liberal

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I'm a Foreigner and I don't know or care if I'm a Neo-Liberal

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Neo-Liberals are racists?
Recognizing Racism in the Era of Neoliberalism
by Angela Davis

According to Henry Giroux, "racism survives through the guise of neoliberalism, a kind of repartee that imagines human agency as simply a matter of individualized choices, the only obstacle to effective citizenship and agency being the lack of principled self-help and moral responsibility."

http://www.truth-out...f-neoliberalism

So you could say that since Neo-Liberals are racists and that the opponents of Cristina are the Neo-Liberals, ipso facto, the opponents of Cristina are RACISTS!

But seriously folks, it seems that the Peronists have succeeded in turning the term "Neo-Liberal" into a dirty word, to the point that people that are clearly Neo-Liberals will not want to be associate themselves with the term.

I think that Peronistas has nothing to do with this.
Neo-liberal policies are associated with the IMF policies. They were follow by as a religious dogma during the governmets of Menem and De la Rua and we all know how did it finished.

Never a party won elections proposing anti-keynesian policies in this country.

Menem won the elections under the slogan of a production revolution (a typical programm based on industry development) and he did the opposite.

So, i think its the traumatic experience of the consequences of those neo-liberal policies what make people reject neo-liberal dogmas.

Macri for example, he is neo but he hides it under an euphemis "pro".

Regards

Calling someone here neo-liberal is a disqualification, it implies you are in favor of salary cuts and reduction in health and education spending, :eek:

Someone with a moniker "Rich One" might as well call themselves "Neo-Liberal One"

polyp_cartoon_rich_poor_neoliberal.jpg

I am in favor of government stimulus when necessary, as it is now in the United States and parts of Western Europe, where austerity policies have been catastrophic. When that stimulus or intervention ceases to be counter-cyclical, as in today's Argentina, it risks disaster.

I am in favor of government stimulus when necessary, as it is now in the United States and parts of Western Europe, where austerity policies have been catastrophic. When that stimulus or intervention ceases to be counter-cyclical, as in today's Argentina, it risks disaster.
With all the government stimulus in the US, you would think if it is such a great thing, incomes for the poor and middle class would be rising, instead they are falling. "Government Stimulus" via QE and artificially low interest rates have only done one thing - transfer even more wealth to the rich. For example, retired people or people looking forward to retirement are being crucified because their saving or their pension funds are generating next to nothing in earnings. However Wall St. in reaping a world-wind of profits from QE. You hear all the time about that the US is four years into "recovery" and yet the number of people in the work force as a percentage of the population keeps declining along with average wages.

Neo-Keynesian policies have been a disaster for the poor and the middle class. Europe is a disaster for everyone.

The terms liberal, conservative, left wing, right wing, neo-liberal, neo-con, are not generally thought to be limited to economic theory. In common usage social issues and non-economic issues have been engrafted on to the definitions to such an extent that these social and non-economic issues often predominate in the minds of those using the terms.
So, for example, where one stands on abortion, the death penalty, the environment and energy policy, gay rights and marriage, legalization of pot and other drugs, not to mention weightier issues like civil rights limitations in the fight against terrorism and foreign policy, e.g., defense spending and instigation and maintenance of war all contribute to whether a particular term can be invoked.
Which is why I don't like to use these terms in discussing domestic and foreign policy.

Reactions: Joe
Joe. I abstain. I think you need your very own forum , within this forum. i.e. Newcomers. Ex pat life , cultural , Joe's forum , articles. You get the idea.

For my personal political views , I sit on the fence , and it is really starting to hurt down there......

Back