Areas of BsAs to Live..Best/worst?

Thank you for the direction. It sounds like what I'm looking for. What is the best way to find apartments that a foreigner can rent?

BKK to BA

Just curious, why the move to BA?

When I retired nearly 4 years ago, I thought I'd spend my time between Dallas, TX, Rio de Janeiro, and BKK when I'm not traveling somewhere else.

Andy

yes BKK... no need to really worry... find the best place that fits your budget... I would say palermo, alto palermo, belgrano, las canitas... any of these will be fine... you dont have to worry about finding a bar or restaurant.. or even a gym in any of these places.......stay near the subway line maybe... buses can be intimidating especially at first... I would find a apt close to the things you really need.. a good supermarket(coto, carrefour, disco jumbo) and a good health club... anything else is a easy walk... and that is the fun of BA exploring and finding a new bar or restaurant.... well good luck!!!

None of u guys live outside capital, yet very close by train or bus?

I live outside the capital, in the province, in Avellaneda - VERY different from the capital, but only 30 minutes away on the collectivo. Doesn't have the night life or bars that the tourist/ex-pat areas have, but has a few decent restaurants, nobody speaks English (OK, a few actually do), but the people here are brilliant, they smile, have time for you, and are not looking to rob you every second. There are also many gyms, I attend the Racing one, good facilities, if a little worn decorations....

And the great plus thing - Around a quater of the price of the capital for property.

arockwell11 said:
BKK to BA

Just curious, why the move to BA?

When I retired nearly 4 years ago, I thought I'd spend my time between Dallas, TX, Rio de Janeiro, and BKK when I'm not traveling somewhere else.

Andy
Thanks to all responses so far...

Why BsAs? My work primarily,but moreso a strong desire to get out of Thailand,for far too many reasons to mention.

mini said:
Alto Palermo is a nice area & have everything you want.

If you meet anyone who is calling Villa Crespo "Palermo Queens" run!

Ok im a noob here...why should I run...is there a vast difference between the two,and if so what are they?

Back