argentina 2nd world?

I think he realized his shift key was broken, half way through the second argument, and needed to go change.

EliA said:
Argentina certainly has its fair share of pitfalls, but at least it isn't a notorious international destination for illicit s e x, often with minors. Don't act like yours is so much better than ours; every place has bad with the good.

Are you kidding? Argentina is very much a notorious international destination for illicit sex.

And, jeez, there are some sensitive people posting on this site. Settle down, folks.

ssr said:
Are you kidding? Argentina is very much a notorious international destination for illicit sex.

And, jeez, there are some sensitive people posting on this site. Settle down, folks.

"We're all sensitive people...with so much to give...

Let's get it on."

(Marvin Gaye: Sexual Healing)

This isn't a web site I would recommend for "sensitive" people....

Neither is Argentina, though it might actually be a great place for "sexual healing" if you think "professional" services would help (prostitution is legal here).

Bitching seems to be the norm in expat forums.

Im planning to go to Austria next year and i started to check some forums like virtualvienna.net, and its funny how the expats there have exactly the same complains that the ones in Buenos Aires. that is:

-dog poo (by the level of outrage of the forumers here i though BA was the only city in the world with dog poo, but apparently fancy Vienna is also a mine field)
-Lack of variety of products.
-Rude people
-Lack of peanut butter, pumpkins and other nonsense.

Lee said:
This is a shit hole but we love it!

It's our shit hole, so lay off!

fedecc said:
Bitching seems to be the norm in expat forums.

Absolutely! One of my post here was about exactly that. "Expat" forums all have the same complaints: can't find x food, locals are all rude/unhappy, service sucks, everything is more/less expensive than home, driving, etc, etc!

It's the nature of the game. I'm seriously thinking of this could make a good phd topic..... I need a uni sponsor.

Buenos Aires is one of the most polluted cities I have ever seen. Clouds of fumes fill the streets and screeching buses roar by and shake buildings. Much much much more than any other city. The place is filthy, broken sidewalks, sour faces, and so very polluted. And Ive just begun to explain what a dump is Buenos Aires.

Some expats do not work and love it. A place to be a bum and feel important, living in the best areas and mingling with the upper class. People go to work every day here, cram onto incredibly overcrowded public transportation and know that life here is an endless grinding struggle. Some come here like a colonialist and just think the locals are so amusing.

I question anyone's sanity who would leave a perfectly good life to move to this shit hole.

winston said:
Buenos Aires is one of the most polluted cities I have ever seen. Clouds of fumes fill the streets and screeching buses roar by and shake buildings. Much much much more than any other city. The place is filthy, broken sidewalks, sour faces, and so very polluted. And Ive just begun to explain what a dump is Buenos Aires.

Some expats do not work and love it. A place to be a bum and feel important, living in the best areas and mingling with the upper class. People go to work every day here, cram onto incredibly overcrowded public transportation and know that life here is an endless grinding struggle. Some come here like a colonialist and just think the locals are so amusing.

I question anyone's sanity who would leave a perfectly good life to move to this shit hole.

Winston, come on, tell us how you really feel about B.A.

winston said:
Some expats do not work and love it. A place to be a bum and feel important, living in the best areas and mingling with the upper class.

Yeah, this sort of thing gets pretty annoying down here. I think that's much of the charm of this place (and other developing countries) for many expats. Not all, though; some people just genuinely like the place. But there are plenty of expats from developed countries that hang around places like Buenos Aires because they get to be a big shot on the cheap. And, undoubtedly, there are Argentines who do it as well, in places where the economy and currency are even weaker than here in Argentina. Wherever it happens the locals are bound to be a bit irritated, but folks like that do tend to throw money around so it's probably best to just grin and bear it and keep taking the knuckleheads' money.

lee- west hollywood huh. surprise you and your "partner" didn't wind up in thailand afterall. no competition in BA huh?

this is a thread started by steve 2 yrs go."Based on these numbers B.A. is about 20% cheaper than D.C. How does D.C. rank compared to other U.S. cities? One survey I saw showed D.C. at about 138% of the average city in the U.S. If this is true than B.A. would be about 110% of the U.S. average (i.e. 138-20%).
This would square with my perception that the cost of living in B.A. is now about the same as in the U.S. If the current rate of inflation continues around 30% B.A. will be as expensive as NYC is today within two years or so. you sound gay also. and no, haven't been to BA. that what i was doing on the site TO BEGIN WITH.

bapak said:
lee- west hollywood huh. surprise you and your "partner" didn't wind up in thailand afterall. no competition in BA huh?.... you sound gay also. and no, haven't been to BA. that what i was doing on the site TO BEGIN WITH.

So are you trolling or just hurling (what you think are) insults?

Sounds like a mixed message to me...

and you said you weren't going to post anymore...

Please keep your word.

Back