argentina 2nd world?

bapak

Registered
wow.after reading alot of the threads in this forum i ask myself why 3/4 of you guys just don't leave. it can't be the TANGO that keeps you all there. and most of you, sounds like your spanish sucks. from national identity to hoarding small coins to bad pizza to the government lying about inflation to corruption to bad produce. argentina sounds 2nd world to me. BA is the 10th largest city in the world by poplulation!! apartments are downright expensive for a 2nd world destination. price of cars is 2 times 1st. world countries! and...what's this about argentines are ANGRY? man, who needs it. i'm coming(to BA) for the world cup(which you almost didn't qualify for) to see all this for myself. just a visit! sounds like this forum is a bunch of pissed off 30somethings that are used to living at even higher prices somewhere else(usa) will put up with ANYTHING rationalizing their cheaper(not cheap) cost of living. by the way, i live in thailand where- they know who they are! good pizza, sour cream, cottage cheese, and the most amazing array of(fresh) friut and vegetables you've ever seen every where every day. corruption? yep. insane drivers? yep. small coins? too many! people angry? it's called the "land of smiles". rents small furnished country home(15kms center), pool, maid, laundry, wifi,and utilities $600 per month. restaurants $3-$15. for you people that like noise, pollution, and four seasons this ain't for you. time to go you guys probably have to "hunt for coins"."the grass is NOT always greener "sawadee

Great, that's all we need a burp'n, slurp'n, pissed in his pants soccer fan! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning!

Just to put it in perspective for you, Bapak, my roommate and I each pay $280 for a huge, newly remodeled apartment in a nice part of town in which I have a large bedroom, a large office, and my own bathroom; it includes all utilities and amenities like phone, cable, and internet. Tonight I ate a delicious dinner and drank a bottle of good wine at a chic restaurant in the hottest part of town with two friends for $20 each. My local vegetable stand will sell me all the fresh produce I need for several days for around $5, and it costs 30 cents to take the bus or the subway.

Complaining is a part of any life, anywhere, and people who don't have a venue to vent about the small and big things that irk them will go crazy keeping it all inside. However, vacation is a place to escape to a temporary paradise in which we need not engross ourselves in the annoying details of full-time residence, so my question to you is: Why bother coming here if you think it sounds so awful?

Argentina certainly has its fair share of pitfalls, but at least it isn't a notorious international destination for illicit s e x, often with minors. Don't act like yours is so much better than ours; every place has bad with the good.

lee- sounds like i hit a nerve with you(all of you). whoa get a grip boy! there more like you there? does your mom let you talk like that.
istar- never been to a "soccer" game in my life! don't assume. thought i would be nice to see my first in argentina. ya know world cup and all that. maybe we could go together.
elia- you were sounding normal till u got to the part about the sex. who mentioned sex? you. sounds like somebody knows something about this!!.

now maybe, just maybe, you guys will stop whining about,sour cream, coins,brown sugar and cottage cheese seem petty now. the pizza thing there's no excuse for.and the people that don't smile that sucks.right? this i'll be my last post as you "children" are taking these criticisms personally even though i've pulled them off this site. you've said everything i comented on in your threads. this forum no fun. you guys aren't in the least bit challenging. i'll let you guys buy me a drink when i'm in BA and we can go look for some COINS together. sounds like fun. ciao, belli

bapak said:
...this i'll be my last post as you "children" are taking these criticisms personally even though i've pulled them off this site. you've said everything i comented on in your threads. this forum no fun. you guys aren't in the least bit challenging. i'll let you guys buy me a drink when i'm in BA and we can go look for some COINS together. sounds like fun. ciao, belli

You'll let us buy you a drink?

Isn't that charming!

This will be your last post?

Is that a promise?

Something I dont get...just came in here to "throw a bucket of shit" and leave???
Stay and fight you loser :)

missveronica said:
Something I dont get...just came in here to "throw a bucket of shit" and leave???
Stay and fight you loser :)

I don't think he's here or has ever been to BA...

He's just throwing stink bombs from afar...

Like so many others.

Back