Argentina: A Textbook Case Of Government Gone Mad

So, been anti-Semitic and racist long?

HAha - I am glad I got the response from you that I was looking for. It is OK to stereotype Italians as "corrupt" but not Jews or Blacks? How about Irish and Chinese. You answered my exact point. Been literate long?

HAha - I am glad I got the response from you that I was looking for. It is OK to stereotype Italians as "corrupt" but not Jews or Blacks? How about Irish and Chinese. You answered my exact point. Been literate long?

Argentina is a complex country whose corruption stems from its colonial history as a contraband territory because of Spanish mercantilism. However, anybody who uses the term "Jew mayor" instead of "Jewish mayor," in any context, has gone beyond self-parody into hate speech.

However, anybody who uses the term "Jew mayor" instead of "Jewish mayor," in any context, has gone beyond self-parody into hate speech.
Unless it's a language / translation difference rather than an incredibly poor choice of words. Judio means both Jew and Jewish in Spanish (just to give the benefit of the doubt).

and he pays his maid 16 pesos per hour IF he's quoting his $ in blue..if not 9..

posting an opinion or wording anything that doesn't seem policitally correct in Canada, the US or on the expat forum automatically makes you racist or stereotypical! please! sometimes its nice to be able to argue or discuss on a subject, or state your opinion without being afraid that people will take it the wrong way!
PS: my brother in law is jewish (our family is muslim...go figure!) and he uses both "Jew" and "Jewing"

posting an opinion or wording anything that doesn't seem policitally correct in Canada, the US or on the expat forum automatically makes you racist or stereotypical! please! sometimes its nice to be able to argue or discuss on a subject, or state your opinion without being afraid that people will take it the wrong way!
PS: my brother in law is jewish (our family is muslim...go figure!) and he uses both "Jew" and "Jewing"

The irony is that in Argentina, people use judio, negro, tano, musulman, hindue, gordo, gallego, etc. freely and with impunity and no one thinks twice about.

very true! sometimes when my husband talks I'm like "wooo, when we go to Canada, remember that you can't say that!" haha!

The irony is that in Argentina, people use judio, negro, tano, musulman, hindue, gordo, gallego, etc. freely and with impunity and no one thinks twice about.

Don't forget vikingo (which my wife calls me when she's pissed off) and turco (for any Middle Easterner - the Syrian-heritaged Menem was often "turco de mierda). For purposes of this board, though, we are primarily speaking English and should be aware of the negative connotations of many of these words, though most of us appear to be pretty bilingual.

Back