Argentina: A Textbook Case Of Government Gone Mad

Oh and best not say anything about this either incase we upset Dublin. Is this you in the photo? ;)

Mullet.jpg

Haha, sorry I upset you there with a joke about how some people here were trainers that were popular in the late 90s.
And you can carry on pretending I read the Daily Mail and that some how making jokes about fashion here is so like not cool man.

Perhaps you just bought a pain of Nike Camel Toes, its ok, just be happy with your style.

Upset, yes quite devastated.

What is a camel toe? Are there magazines for this sort of thing? If only I was up to speed...

ZzzZzz

Yes, central planning and "quinquenal" plans worked great. That is why the Soviet Union won the cold war while the US economy disintegrated and the country collapsed on itself, becoming fragmented.
Glad to see that the hottest and sexiest female president ever is following such a winning strategy.

History, it is history. In those days all the countries had plannified economies because of the WWII.

Plans quinquenales in fact, worked great for the Soviet Union. They industralzed the country in a record time and they defeat the germans.
It also worked out very well for China, Vietnam and so on. History too. However, those plans and freedom are not precisely friends.

And here I clarify because you usually missunderstand me: My comments are descriptive but not evaluative. I m not defending the planned economy and I m not saying that the actual government is doing a planned economy. Peron did.

History, it is history. In those days all the countries had plannified economies because of the WWII.

Plans quinquenales in fact, worked great for the Soviet Union. They industralzed the country in a record time and they defeat the germans.
It also worked out very well for China, Vietnam and so on. History too. However, those plans and freedom are not precisely friends.

And here I clarify because you usually missunderstand me: My comments are descriptive but not evaluative. I m not defending the planned economy and I m not saying that the actual government is doing a planned economy. Peron did.

So Stalin's five year plans, which resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths by starvation, were a resounding success! Not to mention those of Chairman Mao! The gulags, of course, were just a minor side effect. I agree the current government is not attempting a planned economy, though; rather, they're just making it up as they go along. As soon as they learn that something doesn't work, they try something else that doesn't work.

So Stalin's five year plans, which resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths by starvation, were a resounding success! Not to mention those of Chairman Mao! The gulags, of course, were just a minor side effect. I agree the current government is not attempting a planned economy, though; rather, they're just making it up as they go along. As soon as they learn that something doesn't work, they try something else that doesn't work.

Yes, it was a success. The industry development was huge but perhaps I was too sutee for you when I asserted that the planned economy and freedom are not precisely friends.

So hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths is a statistical measure of success.

Hundreds of thousands?
It is estimated that the land reforms imposed by Stalin in 1932 caused about 25,000 deaths PER DAY due to starvation. Between 1932 and 1933 it is estimated that over 10 million Ukranians starved to death. That is planned economy for you.

Hundreds of thousands?
It is estimated that the land reforms imposed by Stalin in 1932 caused about 25,000 deaths PER DAY due to starvation. Between 1932 and 1933 it is estimated that over 10 million Ukranians starved to death. That is planned economy for you.

In this instance, it was, but that's not always the case.

Back