Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.

brandwach

Registered
I am interested in both Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.
Do any of you have any Experience, Commentary, Opinions regarding life in these two beautiful countries, especially regarding issues like: culture, lifestyle, diversion, people, prices, weather, politics, stability, ease of Immigration (entering on Tourist visa, staying and getting temp and perma residency.)
thanks and best to you all!

brandwach said:
I am interested in both Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.
Do any of you have any Experience, Commentary, Opinions regarding life in these two beautiful countries, especially regarding issues like: culture, lifestyle, diversion, people, prices, weather, politics, stability, ease of Immigration (entering on Tourist visa, staying and getting temp and perma residency.)
thanks and best to you all!

Five posts and...

1).-Argentina and Chile as an expat destination.

2).-Buenos Aires VS Santiago Chile as Expat destination.

3).-Hate North Americans?

5).-Uruguay VS Argentina, as Expat Destination

6).-Does any one have any Ebooks on Moving to Argentina that they could email me?

What are you after? or What Do You Really Need?

Lucas, that seems kind of a strange post. I would say it's obvious someone is looking to move to South America and trying to determine ahead of time what a good target might be.

Well I'm suspicious at least, I think he/she is pulling our legs, I may be wrong but....

Look this post, very similar and look the nick, just pop up as a newcomer.

-two-questions

Very suspicious indeed.

Lucas said:
Well I'm suspicious at least, I think he/she is pulling our legs, I may be wrong but....

Look this post, very similar and look the nick, just pop up as a newcomer.

-two-questions

Very suspicious indeed.

And I thought I was paranoid :)

I lived and worked in Chile last year and was quite miserable. During that time I had taken a quick vacation to Buenos Aires and decided to spend my final alloted 5 months here instead of there and I've never been so grateful for a last-minute ballsy decision. I loved it so much I recently came back for another long-term stint. This is not to say it's all positive; life is life no matter where you are, with ups and downs.

For me, the difference between Chile and Argentina has a lot to do with social capital; namely, Argentina has it in spades and it's pretty low on Chile's priority list. I wrote about it here.

If you want to talk more feel free to send me a PM.

He Elia, thanks for the reply, and to the others, gee wiz take it easy, Yeah, I am interested in the southern cone, I've lived in Santiago and just spent one day (visa run) in mendoza. So, I am trying to elicite some comparisons. What exactly could my nefarious intentions really be any way?

Whatever,
To Elia, I really did find Santiago boring and kinda insular. And yeah, I think I might like BSAS.

The difference between Santiago and BA is in S they close everything on New Years, in BA they open everything until you can eat or party no more. Personally I thought the Chileans were a lovely bunch of people, though maybe don't take so kindly to a direct approach (it is quite difficult to offend the Argentines as long as you use a bit of humour), but Santiago is a pretty ugly city with little going on. I've been here three months now, and its fabulous!

Back