Argentina and Great Britain Diplomatic Spat

hehe, I love Chas Ricciardello's accent! From your nick I take it you're n Aussie?

Matt84 said:
hehe, I love Chas Ricciardello's accent! From your nick I take it you're n Aussie?

How the hell do you know about the chaser? Are you an aussie too? If yes, i'll throw another prawn on the barbie for ya!

I'm the only person I know who has been there. Beautiful islands. Port Stanley is impeccable. Immaculate and orderly. What would it be like under Argentine rule? Would the islanders be as well paid and cared for? Would pensioners get the same pensions from Buenos Aires? Would the schools be clean, comfortable, well stocked with teaching materials and staffed by qualified teachers? Would local government be equally transparent? Would the islanders have any genuine say in how their affairs are managed? IS there any reason that they would want to give up their British colonial status?

How do you know the Islands? I'm just curious... I thought they were pieces of rock covered in lichen and subsidies. pics? experiences?

The place belongs to Argentina, that is pretty obvious. But it's not like the British are gonna give it up any time soon.

orwellian said:
The place belongs to Argentina, that is pretty obvious. But it's not like the British are gonna give it up any time soon.

How is it obvious, other than because I posted the opposite?

Matt84 said:
How is it obvious, other than because I posted the opposite?

Haha, no. Because the British recognized Argentina's independence, including the islands, before invading it.

Invading it in the XIXc? But there was no more United Provinces population than there was British or French or Spanish. Certainly the British never invaded the República Argentina. It was just a criollo military outpost at the time that had at the same time invaded it British, and they to the French, and they to the Penguins.

By that logic the Falklands either belong to the French or the Penguins.

Well yeah, the French basically sold it to Spain, who after that kicked the British out. Then Argentina got their independence (including the islands). And after that the British invaded. Therefore it's pretty obvious, IMO, that the god forsaken islands belong to Argentina.

Back