Argentina Buying 30-Year-Old Israeli Fighter Jets

camberiu

Registered
The never ending soap opera takes a new turn as the deal for the old Spanish fighters falls through.

A high-level Argentine military delegation visited Israel recently to finalize a purchase of Israeli fighter-jets. The Kfir has not been in operational use by the Israel Air Force for nearly 20 years and will be upgraded by Israel Aircraft Industries if the contract is signed. The deal is going ahead at a low point in Israeli-Argentine...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.581520

The never ending soap opera takes a new turn as the deal for the old Spanish fighters falls through.

A high-level Argentine military delegation visited Israel recently to finalize a purchase of Israeli fighter-jets. The Kfir has not been in operational use by the Israel Air Force for nearly 20 years and will be upgraded by Israel Aircraft Industries if the contract is signed. The deal is going ahead at a low point in Israeli-Argentine...

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.581520

Israel, obviously, is subsidizing Russia and Iran here. Of course, in any event, the planes will sink at Bahía Blanca.

These 30+ year old planes that fought on the Bekaa Valley battle are allegedly being sold at US$20 million a pop.

Meanwhile, the brand new training prop planes brought from Germany for the Argentina Air Force are not flying due to lack of parts. As Argentina defaulted on the payments for the planes (10 total, only 4 delivered) the German manufacturer suspended the delivery of replacement parts and the 6 remaining planes.

Não estão voando os Grob da Fuerza Aérea Argentina

Well sh*t. I guess if I need to see a real airshow while I'm here I'll have to go to either Brasil or Chile.

This is the equivalent of letting someone with an EBT card buy booze or cigarettes.

Remind me who is going to invade Argentina? How about paying back the debtors
and actually doing something about improving the country? Oh wait, never mind,
this is Peronismo so Military Spending Para Todos!

These 30+ year old planes that fought on the Bekaa Valley battle are allegedly being sold at US$20 million a pop.
Initially, they are trying to buy the new ones from China, which is the copy of the Israel fighter. But they didn't work out the finance situation. I think Israel pretty much gave the plane to Argentina,

Actually they were trying to buy the J-17 from China, which is a much simpler and cheaper plane than the J-10, which is the actual Chinese copy of the Israeli Lavi fighter.
But that did not work out. So they tried the Mirage F-1s that Spain was retiring. That did not work out. So now they are aiming to buy 30+ years old IAI Kfir planes from Israel that have been in storage from 20+ years now. If that does not pan out, I have not idea what else they can try for.

J-17
632814-DubaiAirShow-1384677172-606-640x480.jpg

J-10
j-10_170538.jpg

Kfir
iai_kfir.jpg

Why in hell does Argentina wanting used and on top ancient 30 plus years fighter jets? And paying to get them? When the jet fighters are retired is cause not competitive performance from those jet planes and expensive maintanance to keep flying them....I don't see the israelis gifting those planes to argentina free of charge. Buying retired jet fighters is akin as to buying an used car...Someone's problem, thus can be very costly after all.!

Back