Argentina Coastal Destinations

I am interested in going away for 1 week with my girlfriend somewhere on the Argentine coast, any recommendations for a place/apartment/hotel. I'm thinking about valeria del mar, ostende or pinamar? I don't know too much about the area except to avoid Mar Del Plata.

I'd go to brazil personally.

Mar del Plata is not bad as long as you avoid it from late Dec to mid March.

But as already mentioned, you should just go to Brasil.

If you do go to Mar del Plata, Punta Mogotes is a much more mellow area than the downtown.
I'm a big fan of La Paloma in Uruguay as well.

I second ajoknoblauch on Puerto Piramides. We went last December and stayed 2 nights. The water was quite warm considering it was Patagonia, and after all the day excursionists leave in the late afternoon you practically have the beach all to yourself.

Thanks I had no concept of warm waters in Patagonia. Wonder what warm really means. Maybe 70 F ?

Thanks I had no concept of warm waters in Patagonia. Wonder what warm really means. Maybe 70 F ?

I couldn't give you numbers, but there are plenty of people in the water (and the beaches are still far less crowded than at Mardel). Lots of windsurfers, and there is also diving.

In the Porto Madryn area (which is fantastic, penguins, sea lions, whales and the Peninsula Valdes National Park which includes the town of [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Puerto Piramides[/background] ) Los Grutos is the place with warm (76°F) water from long shale beaches and underground springs. I love it there!!!

Tom

In the Porto Madryn area (which is fantastic, penguins, sea lions, whales and the Peninsula Valdes National Park which includes the town of [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Puerto Piramides[/background] ) Los Grutos is the place with warm (76°F) water from long shale beaches and underground springs. I love it there!!!

Tom

Península Valdés is not a national park, but rather a provincial reserve (not that that diminishes its attractions).

Back