Argentina Medical School

I think a lot of the UBA is best comes from simply the fact that only the best, most persevering survive the UBA system -- if you're a lazy dolt you're probably not going to fight your way through!

As far as I have heard there is no way around the CBC -- any foreigner who did not attend Argentine highschool supposedly needs to take it, though I find that hard to believe since supposedly all the Chilenos are coming here to study... how are they getting around it?

I think a lot of the UBA is best comes from simply the fact that only the best, most persevering survive the UBA system -- if you're a lazy dolt you're probably not going to fight your way through!
As the other half of this frustrating system for years now, this is how we're choosing to look at it.

Do you know if it is possible to skip the CBC courses if one has taken basic science courses in American universities?

I do not know for sure, but most possibly no. Sometimes you cannot even skip the subjects if you have taken a similar course in another school from UBA (it's not the CBC, but for example, if you passed anatomy for Medicine, if later you want to be a nutritionist they won't consider it and you`ll have to take anatomy again)

Are there any American or Canadian students who are enrolled in the medical school?

Not that I know of. Most foreign medical students are from Brazil, Paraguay, Perú and Colombia. I know of a russian one, but not of americans, at least in medical school, there were a few in philosophy school.

Also which are the top medical schools in Argentina? Is there a ranking for both public/private?

I haven´t found it, but I heard from somebody that according to a London study, UBA (public) was first, and then UCA (private), but then again, we´ll need to find it. You' ll also need to find a school that is recognized by the USMLE people. I know that UBA and Barceló are. I don´t know how important rankings are in the US, here nobody cares. Another public school to consider could be the Medical school of the University of La Matanza.

I am not here to argue. Someone asked for advice and I responded with documented data not from perception.

We all have the right to create our own reality.

As far as I have heard there is no way around the CBC -- any foreigner who did not attend Argentine highschool supposedly needs to take it, though I find that hard to believe since supposedly all the Chilenos are coming here to study... how are they getting around it?

I'm pretty sure everyone (argentines and foreigners) have to take the CBC. I think you can "dar la materia libre" (don't know how to say that, could anyone tell me?) where you go directly to the final exams instead of going through the whole course. If US highschools are good then it should be a piece of cake.

Is there anyone here familiar with medical schools in buenos aires? I am from the states but am looking at going to medical school there due to the low cost tuition.

Hey! I'm attending Med School here, (at Fundacion Barcelo - barcelo . edu . ar) i'd be glad to give you some tips!
any advice you need... Just let me know!

Back