Argentina Mobile Provider - Who Are You Using?

Thanks!

I don't think I'll be around for long enough to get any contract so pre-paid may be the way to go. Do they offer pre-paid packages that include data? Sorry, Canada has a very oppressive oligarchical telecoms system (I almost jumped out of my seat when you said you can get 3GB of data a month).

I believe I'll just need a SIM card to pop into my unlocked smart phone.

Canada is

Let me tell you, at some point I'd forgotten what normal 3G is and had come to accept the situation here as semi-normal (I use movistar), then I spent a month with Koodo in Toronto and it blew my mind. It was only then that I started to understand what shitty service movistar is offering. Yes Koodo costs more but you get what you pay for in either case.

I'd jump ship in a heartbeat if any carrier was better, but I haven't heard that this is the case. In fact, I started a thread around here once to gauge people's impressions of the carriers, none stuck out as much better than the others.

I had Movistar then switched to Personal, and I'm glad I did. I really only care about the internet, as I rarely use voice or text if I can avoid it.

The data service with Personal is hands down better than movistar. I've done one-hour long skype calls on it and had no problems.

In my experience on both Claro and Personal Internet connectivity works significantly better than on Movistar. I am now with Claro and speed and reliability is ok (plan control).

Back