Argentina now ridiculously cheap for tourists

Does anyone have an idea when I'll be able to move to Argentina ? My final destiny is San Martin de los Andes with my three Golden Retrievers ! Thanks Kevin

If you're consuming goods with imported inputs, that'll offset the savings you're seeing elsewhere. I usually use Hesperidina and a few other items as my inflation baseline, and it looks like it's about 1/3 cheaper right now than usual for those of us with greenbacks.

I see something like that, and it makes me desperate to get back down to Argentina pretty much immediately after I'm vaccinated. I'm sure it has been bad for everyone down there as well, but I've been working from home for nearly nine months here in San Francisco, CA, and the idea of even just taking a walk in a Recoleta street is work the cost of a ticket. Like many Americans, I'm at the end of my rope. And if restaurant prices are similarly discounted (or even better!), I'm sure you'll have a massive influx of people like me.

Took a cab from darn near Flores back to Recoleta the other day. About $320p. Two bucks mas o menos. It is crazy cheap here if you have access to dollars.

I have said before it makes me mildly embarrased when I take a cab or Uber here. It is amazingly cheap.

I took an Uber for just under 200 pesos recently. The driver came from 10 minutes away and drove us for around 10 minutes. So for 20 minutes work he had 189 pesos, which I don't even know what that is, less than £1. Couldn't catch a bus for that money in my town back in the UK.

Cabs, I couldn’t agree more. Also eating out, and services like plastic surgery, yes. But “stuff” (eg contact lenses) and good quality food (for the pantry or fridge), not so much.

Strangely I really don't find it as cheap as rumours make it out to be

That's because it's all tosh put about by those who are in the industry. Yes of course certain things are very reasonably priced however there's a hell of a lot of overpriced crap out there as well.

Most of you sniffing for uber drivers have no idea how low salaries are in cAbA and even more so in the interiors -especially in white collar jobs, thats how the country works. Remove your usd lens for a minute and try to look at how things are in reality.

I have said before it makes me mildly embarrased when I take a cab or Uber here. It is amazingly cheap.

I took an Uber for just under 200 pesos recently. The driver came from 10 minutes away and drove us for around 10 minutes. So for 20 minutes work he had 189 pesos, which I don't even know what that is, less than £1. Couldn't catch a bus for that money in my town back in the UK.

I sppose you have to compare the running costs of a car here compared to the UK. I haven't a clue but I'd guess it is a lot cheaper here....even if done kosher.

Back