Argentina now ridiculously cheap for tourists

For example a plate at one trendy restaurant in Palermo will go for about $500, when next door a similar plate at a similarly trendy restaurant in Palermo, $800. Cocktails $250 at one Palermo bar, $400 at the next Palermo bar.
Compare to these prices from a popular steakhouse in my neighborhood in Chicago. Count your blessings, as well as pesos.

Typical Gold Coast prices. The Starbucks near Oak St. can be entertaining.

Yeah, but...I average about 7 USD per hour teaching EFL online. Maybe 8 USD on a really good day. I look at those prices and I'm horrified.

And that, folks, is why I no longer live in the nation where I was born, the nation my ancestors helped to found and build. Thank you, Corporate Amerikka.

No, I'm not bitter, not at all.

Typical Gold Coast prices. The Starbucks near Oak St. can be entertaining.
Typical USA large-city prices. About the same in Phoenix or Philly or Tampa. And the Starbucks on Rush and Oak? Dangerous is more like it, not entertaining. Car jackings and muggings are rampant on the Gold Coast. I know, I'm there now. The USA of rosy nostalgia is no longer.

Typical USA large-city prices. About the same in Phoenix or Philly or Tampa. And the Starbucks on Rush and Oak? Dangerous is more like it, not entertaining. Car jackings and muggings are rampant on the Gold Coast. I know, I'm there now. The USA of rosy nostalgia is no longer.

Good luck to you. I left Chi-raq for good a couple years ago. I was in Oak Park last, but even there the excitement spilled over occasionally from the west side. Before that I had a condo near the Starbucks that got shot up in Uptown.

Yeah, but...I average about 7 USD per hour teaching EFL online. Maybe 8 USD on a really good day. I look at those prices and I'm horrified.

And that, folks, is why I no longer live in the nation where I was born, the nation my ancestors helped to found and build. Thank you, Corporate Amerikka.

No, I'm not bitter, not at all.

If you lived in the states you would make more money teaching a foreign language

Good luck to you. I left Chi-raq for good a couple years ago. I was in Oak Park last, but even there the excitement spilled over occasionally from the west side. Before that I had a condo near the Starbucks that got shot up in Uptown.
I live in CABA and Europe now; in Chicago for holidays. It was a very safe, livable city from '95 to about '15. It's quite sad to see what's become of it. And the property taxes! The city budget just passed guarantees they increase for the next four years. It was a great city.

I live in CABA and Europe now; in Chicago for holidays. It was a very safe, livable city from '95 to about '15. It's quite sad to see what's become of it. And the property taxes! The city budget just passed guarantees they increase for the next four years. It was a great city.

What's the main problem besides taxes? Crime?

Back