Argentina passport renewal

DomoDomo

Registered
I am told that an expired Argentina passport can be renewed in one day in Buenos Aires (as opposed to 90 days in Chicago). Is this true? Other than the expired passport what other documents need to be presented? I see a new detailed post on the process from 2015 Wondering if anyone has more recent details. Thanks!

I am told that an expired Argentina passport can be renewed in one day in Buenos Aires (as opposed to 90 days in Chicago). Is this true? Other than the expired passport what other documents need to be presented? I see a new detailed post on the process from 2015 Wondering if anyone has more recent details. Thanks!

You can even renew it at the airport with the “trámite exprés” and get it in 2 to 6 hours. At an extra cost, of course.

You can even renew it at the airport with the “trámite exprés” and get it in 2 to 6 hours. At an extra cost, of course.
Do you need a travel reason or onward ticket to use “trámite express”. We need it for other reasons. Is having the DNI passbook necessary? We have number but not the passbook. Is all you need is the expired passport?

Do you need a travel reason or onward ticket to use “trámite express”. We need it for other reasons. Is having the DNI passbook necessary? We have number but not the passbook. Is all you need is the expired passport?
I found this which answers my question

There are 3 different options to renew your passport. I had mine renewed recently in 2 or 3 working days. If you do it at the airport it will be ready in a few hours but it will cost much more.

There are 3 different options to renew your passport. I had mine renewed recently in 2 or 3 working days. If you do it at the airport it will be ready in a few hours but it will cost much more.
Thanks! What documents did you need to have with you?

Back