Argentina Pitches Its Weak Currency to Attract Digital Nomads

Interesting idea…would this be only for tourists that stay in Buenos Aires or for anyone that works remote in Argentina?

Interesting idea…would this be only for tourists that stay in Buenos Aires or for anyone that works remote in Argentina?
The article covers your questions further down. It also makes clear that it hasn't happened yet which in Argentina means that it probably won't happen exactly like that and may not even happen at all.

I mean yeah it's a good place for digital nomads, but the governments campaign pretty much consists of a sube and sim card with some promotional literature.

At the moment there is no visa that allows a digital nomad to stay longer than 3 months, and apparently the visa run to Colonia isn't as easy these days.

Plot Twist: You get $200 pesos per dollar when the program finally launches in a year and that's the official exchange rate. ;)

At the moment there is no visa that allows a digital nomad to stay longer than 3 months, and apparently the visa run to Colonia isn't as easy these days.

Isn't it stilll possible to get a 90 day extension of a 90 day (not three months) tourist visa at the office of migraciones, thus allowing a "digital nomad" to to stay in Argentina for 180 days at a time (officially as a tourist)?

As far as I know, yes, but that still isn't a solution for remote digital workers who prefer to stay in locations for longer than 6 months.

The original article was wrong about Argentina being the first country in Latin America to start a digital nomad program. Costa Rica started a program like this in Aug/Sept. And there are about 8-10 countries in the world that have such programs. The important variable in these programs is the amount of income the nomad generates outside the country. CR minimum is $3000 per month....and this is the lowest amount of all the countries that I am aware of. Again...the income must come from outside the country.

Isn't it stilll possible to get a 90 day extension of a 90 day (not three months) tourist visa at the office of migraciones, thus allowing a "digital nomad" to to stay in Argentina for 180 days at a time (officially as a tourist)?
Steve, I saw in one of your older posts that you mentioned a woman that went with people applying for a retirement visa to assist with spanish and I was wondering if you could give me her contact information? thank you SJL

Steve, I saw in one of your older posts that you mentioned a woman that went with people applying for a retirement visa to assist with spanish and I was wondering if you could give me her contact information? thank you SJL

Was that the "clipboard lady" ?

Back