Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Thanks, there are a bunch of flights to MAD on AR on the 15 and 29/30 July. I can see the option to purchase MAD-EZE but not leaving EZE. I guess I need tot alk to AR but any odea if those have been sold out...it they are it happened within a few hours of announcing them.

Yes, sold out.

I will believe it ... when it is actually happening. Anyone, can say anything they like. This needs factual proof before I am a believer.
I agree with you. It is difficult to believe what they say. They change their minds all the time....

Yes, sold out.
As far as I know, Iberia, for example told me they will start flying to Buenos Aires in September, not before. Maybe there are some flights, but they are the ones taking Argentinians who were stuck somewhere back home. If you are planning to come, just check it first, I don't think flights are sold out. The international airport is not operating and nobody knows when it will open.

Yep, it was announced today officially.
Am suprised by AR/IB however.
Important to note that one will need to self-isolate in Europe for first 14 days and on return to Argentina, which makes any "quick trip" across the pond impossible. If you need to connect on to another EU destinations the connecting flight must be within 24 hours of arrival.
IB will start MVD flights at end of JUL.
For US citizens there are Eastern flights going out to MIA on 21 and 30JUL.

Last edited:
Yep, it was announced today officially.
Am suprised by AR/IB however.
Important to note that one will need to self-isolate in Europe for first 14 days and on return to Argentina, which makes any "quick trip" across the pond impossible.
IB will start MVD flights at end of JUL.

The Iberia flights are not on sale yet. Do you know if they will sell them on their site like AF/KLM or one would have to book with an agent?

On the 14 day quarantine, the EU is as we speak discussing a new "white" list of third countries -- fingers crossed ARG is on it.

The Iberia flights are not on sale yet. Do you know if they will sell them on their site like AF/KLM or one would have to book with an agent?

On the 14 day quarantine, the EU is as we speak discussing a new "white" list of third countries -- fingers crossed ARG is on it.
No contact with IB so no idea and no other info on the specific conditions of their protocol/ approval.

Regarding being on a "white list" - I doubt it as we have too much circulation going on right now and too many active cases. Would expect a "grey list" for residents (admission + quarantine) and that Argentine nationals will not be allowed to go for tourism / business unless they have a residence visa in EU.

I agree with you. It is difficult to believe what they say. They change their minds all the time....
[/QUO

If you make a reservation be careful that refunds are in cash if the flight is cancelled. Airlines that give you credit towards future flights have essentially captured you money. This may prevent you from buying seats on another airline and might also cause you to lose your money if you cannot rebook with the same airline within their specified period.

Back