Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

I managed to get a flight to my hometown Amsterdam on July 1st. Do I need to get a permiso de circulacion to go to the airport, or can I just show my booking confirmation and/or etickets?

I believe so. Talk to the Netherlands embassy. Do it ASAP, today or tomorrow because I think they need 48hs to process the permiso.

Dennisba- not sure, but some reported in other threads that they weren't stopped along the way to the airport.

Dennisba- not sure, but some reported in other threads that they weren't stopped along the way to the airport.
That is correct but July 1st is the first day of the "new quarantine" and I can guarantee you that will stop everyone that day to make a point. Better safe than sorry, get in touch with the Dutch Embassy.

I managed to get a flight to my hometown Amsterdam on July 1st. Do I need to get a permiso de circulacion to go to the airport, or can I just show my booking confirmation and/or etickets?

Strictly speaking, Yes - "force majure" should cover you since you need to return home for exceptional reasons. Also have a ticket / confirmation / boarding pass ready to show just in case.
From Wednesday 01JUL controls between CABA and Provincia will be especially strict, so also expect a risk traffic jams.

Strictly speaking, Yes - "force majure" should cover you since you need to return home for exceptional reasons. Also have a ticket / confirmation / boarding pass ready to show just in case.
From Wednesday 01JUL controls between CABA and Provincia will be especially strict, so also expect a risk traffic jams.
For my flight on the 11 July, should I just use the Detectar App to get a "force majure" certificate for the day when i go to the airport?

For my flight on the 11 July, should I just use the Detectar App to get a "force majure" certificate for the day when i go to the airport?
Unless something changes in the meantime yes use the CuidAR app. Select the "Emergencia, turnos médicos, situación imprevista, trámites impostergrables, urgencias (24hr)" option.

Maybe it could also be beneficial for anyone travelling to get a private COVID test from a lab here before going, so if anyone gives you a hard time here or there then you can document that you are safe-ish and have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure you are fit to fly. Especially if your situation is not perfectly clear and has a margin for a border agent using their discretion to make your life more difficult (e.g. transit through different jurisdictions, destination accommodation not booked for sufficient periods of time etc.) Saw some reports from Americans who visited Antigua this week and those that had a COVID test result with them had it easier at immigration than those that did not.

That flight to Miami on Aerolineas Argentina on July 11 might just be a repatriation flight. If you look it's the only one next month. Still shows only 1 seat left for $620.85 US. Nothing until September 1 which corresponds with the September 1 opening date. I have relatives that are leaving September 2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.37.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 5.37.49 PM.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 6
That flight to Miami on Aerolineas Argentina on July 11 might just be a repatriation flight. If you look it's the only one next month. Still shows only 1 seat left for $620.85 US. Nothing until September 1 which corresponds with the September 1 opening date. I have relatives that are leaving September 2.

These are not repatriation flights -- July 11 and 25. The US does NOT do repatriation flights. These are "special" comercial flights that operate on exceptional bases. Still anyone who is admissible to the US can fly -- even Argentines with a valid US visas. Currently, the US remains open to inbound flights from ARG. There seems to be some confusion and many Argentines think they cannot leave but I know several who have left on those "special" flights.

The ARG version of the site also sells the July 25 flight. The price in pesos is cheaper at the blue rate so if you have an ARG bank card it comes to 460 USD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.23.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.23.26 AM.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
Yep you're right. My mother in law just cancelled her flight for September and bought this one for July 11. It was $630. It said when buying there was "only 2 seats left" but then when you went to pick seats there were tons left!. Thanks all for posting.

Back