Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

10 August 2020
Air dispute: the Government limits the expansion "low cost" and stopped the integration between JetSmart and Norwegian
Through ANAC, it put into evaluation the agreement that was signed at the end of the macrismo. Aims to keep ultra-cheap airlines out of Aeroparque

On Aerolineas' website, I can book lots of one way EZE-MIA tickets in September and October. Do these flights actually exist?

10 August 2020
The Government announced that air transport will not operate again on September 1 as planned
Transport Minister Mario Meoni said they expect commercial flights to return "in the next 60 days" and that there will be restrictions "as long as the health authorities do not have a clearer picture" of the evolution of the pandemic....

Argentine Government timelines are generally smoke... don’t worry everything will be good again in 14 days, 30 days, 60 days... experts in kicking cans down roads but little else.

A developing story for US persons to monitor if considering a trip home, especially in light of recent travel advisories highlighting the risk of getting stranded or affected by last minute changes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/10/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-border.html

A developing story for US persons to monitor if considering a trip home, especially in light of recent travel advisories highlighting the risk of getting stranded or affected by last minute changes:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/10/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-border.html
I have been expecting such a move by Trump. It is unknown at this time if such action could be blocked by a court order or by other means.
ARG is definitely a "hot spot" right now and no one knows how long it will remain as such in the perception of the US. I want to travel to SFO sometime in April or May, 2021. Since last month I have been exploring alternative routes to fly to California to avoid doing it from EZE.

So far, first choice on my list....depart from the Carrasco International Airport in Montevideo. That is, if by then Buquebus has resumed operations. And I can get a PCR test done here (as currently required by Uruguay) at whichever private facility has the fastest turnaround time.

I have been expecting such a move by Trump. It is unknown at this time if such action could be blocked by a court order or by other means.
ARG is definitely a "hot spot" right now and no one knows how long it will remain as such in the perception of the US. I want to travel to SFO sometime in April or May, 2021. Since last month I have been exploring alternative routes to fly to California to avoid doing it from EZE.

So far, first choice on my list....depart from the Carrasco International Airport in Montevideo. That is, if by then Buquebus has resumed operations. And I can get a PCR test done here (as currently required by Uruguay) at whichever private facility has the fastest turnaround time.

I wound't sweat it. It will not last in a federal court even a week. The president does not have the authority to ban re-entry of US citizens, no way. Only congress can do that. Also DJT won't be in office by April 2021.

I wound't sweat it. It will not last in a Federal court even a week. Also DJT won't be in office by April 2021.
Thanks...nothing faces me at this stage of my life. Nevertheless I have always made decisions based on "plan for the worse and if wrong...celebrate".

10 August 2020
The Government announced that air transport will not operate again on September 1 as planned
Transport Minister Mario Meoni said they expect commercial flights to return "in the next 60 days" and that there will be restrictions "as long as the health authorities do not have a clearer picture" of the evolution of the pandemic....

My GF read this and says that it isnt very clear if it is just domestic flights or international ones as well. I had just rebooked my flight that was supposed to leave in may for September. Now I will have to start looking at buying a new trip but most of the flights are on Aerolinas and I don't really want to risk travelling with them as they are renowned for cancelling flights....

this country is just so ridiculous

My GF read this and says that it isnt very clear if it is just domestic flights or international ones as well. I had just rebooked my flight that was supposed to leave in may for September. Now I will have to start looking at buying a new trip but most of the flights are on Aerolinas and I don't really want to risk travelling with them as they are renowned for cancelling flights....

this country is just so ridiculous
I agree with her...it's not clear. But it applies to international travel. The topic has been on all the local prime time TV news since last night at 9:00pm. Perhaps it will include domestic travel as well but not until the repairs are done at Aeroparque Jorge Newberry. I never travel on Aerolineas for a variety of reasons.

Back