Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Flying out, but also flying into EZE? This isn't like LATAM where they sell tickets and then just cancel the flights?

If I can fly from the US to EZE via Aerolíneas, I will probably eventually leave Peru

LATAM has no special flights scheduled. Their flights were all “regular” flights.
As soon as regular order was repealed for September, everything went bye-bye.
As long as the “special flight” regime is in effect, the Aerolineas flights are the most stable by a long margin.
And though some of their planes are crap and it’s all very Argentine, their safety record is perfectly fine.
Put simply, for a third-world country you could do a lot worse.

Per the update I promised, the Aerolineas flight to JFK lifted off half an hour behind schedule, due to arrive on time. As I write this, it is crossing from Paraguay into Bolivia.
There was space on sale right up to the end. From what I hear the plane was pretty full.
Several of my clients on this flight were Argentines with no US papers beyond B1/B2 visas.
To repeat: Argentines are free to fly to/from the US as they please.

1597986105319.png

Flying out, but also flying into EZE? This isn't like LATAM where they sell tickets and then just cancel the flights?

If I can fly from the US to EZE via Aerolíneas, I will probably eventually leave Peru
You can also fly more directly to AR via Sao Paulo. Fly to GRU on LATAM (or any airline really) and then with AR to BA. You are allowed to enter Brasil now and AR will be operating 2 or 3 "special" flights per week to Sao Paulo in September.

The main goal is to just get out of AR. After that you can fly about anywhere you want. Santiago and Sao Paolo are good choices.

Worth repeating that if you are not a US citizen/LPR/etc, SP is not a good choice, notwithstanding their direct flights.
Even if you are just on a stopover, the moment you step on Brazilian soil you cannot travel to the US for 2 weeks.

Worth repeating that if you are not a US citizen/LPR/etc, SP is not a good choice, notwithstanding their direct flights.
Even if you are just on a stopover, the moment you step on Brazilian soil you cannot travel to the US for 2 weeks.

If you layover there you do not go through the brazilian customs to have your passport stamped. Where you really ever there?

If you layover there you do not go through the brazilian customs to have your passport stamped. Where you really ever there?

You would still be arriving on a flight from Brazil, you can't lie to US customs about which flight you were on. You could try, but that's a good way to get denied entry and possibly barred from entering again in the near future (unless you are US citizen).

You would still be arriving on a flight from Brazil, you can't lie to US customs about which flight you were on. You could try, but that's a good way to get denied entry and possibly barred from entering again in the near future (unless you are US citizen).
YES! Citizens can lie! That's just great :)))

I asked CBP. They made clear that it’s a question of physical presence.

I am not addressing whether you can get away with lying (though pretty dubious that that is a strategy when you’re actually landing from Brazil). Just saying that per the rules, a stopover is a no-no.

Back