Argentina ready to launch nationwide health pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been keeping quiet on this, but I guess now it's time to speak.
I had the corona twice in the first year. Both times it was very mild - a little fever, a little cough, and over in 3 or 4 days.
Based upon having had the virus and recovered, I feel that my body's natural antibodies are protecting me, with no need for a vaccine.
Every vaccine is a question of managed risk. There is always a chance of a negative reaction, but we take them anyway because it's an issue of relative risk. In this life risks cannot be avoided, only managed. But if there's no need for me to get jabbed, why should I take the chance?

That's me personally, now about the larger issue.

Take a look at this rundown on Event 201, which was held in October of 2019. Basically Bill Gates and his buddies gamed out a pandemic scenario in October 2019 that became a reality in Wuhan two months later. Coincidence does not necessarily imply causation, but.

ON the other hand, I recall a quote from H Rider Haggard's novel Marie, (about the Zulu massacre of the Voortrekkers that led to the Battle of Blood River), in which the author observes, "there is a certain type of uneducated mind to which intelligent forethought appears to be guilty knowledge". I don't usually think of myself as uneducated, but it is possible that I am drawing the wrong conclusions.

There is also the highly disturbing record of Fauci while he was director of NIH. During that time he did provide a large sum of money to Chinese labs for them to do gain of function research on corona viruses, which was forbidden in the USA. This isn't rumor or wild-eyed Trumpenstaffel fantasy, this is fact. Again, coincidence does not necessarily imply causation, but.

I have cited the two best-documented and least-disputable pieces of the evidence that troubles me, but there are more, less definite coincidences.

None of which adds up to a smoking gun. But in a criminal trial under US law, circumstantial evidence can be grounds for a conviction, if there is enough of it.

And there, my friends, I will stop. I half expect to be savaged and/or redacted for daring to state these things, but so be it.

I've been keeping quiet on this, but I guess now it's time to speak.
I had the corona twice in the first year. Both times it was very mild - a little fever, a little cough, and over in 3 or 4 days.
Based upon having had the virus and recovered, I feel that my body's natural antibodies are protecting me, with no need for a vaccine.
Every vaccine is a question of managed risk. There is always a chance of a negative reaction, but we take them anyway because it's an issue of relative risk. In this life risks cannot be avoided, only managed. But if there's no need for me to get jabbed, why should I take the chance?

That's me personally, now about the larger issue.

Take a look at this rundown on Event 201, which was held in October of 2019. Basically Bill Gates and his buddies gamed out a pandemic scenario in October 2019 that became a reality in Wuhan two months later. Coincidence does not necessarily imply causation, but.

ON the other hand, I recall a quote from H Rider Haggard's novel Marie, (about the Zulu massacre of the Voortrekkers that led to the Battle of Blood River), in which the author observes, "there is a certain type of uneducated mind to which intelligent forethought appears to be guilty knowledge". I don't usually think of myself as uneducated, but it is possible that I am drawing the wrong conclusions.

There is also the highly disturbing record of Fauci while he was director of NIH. During that time he did provide a large sum of money to Chinese labs for them to do gain of function research on corona viruses, which was forbidden in the USA. This isn't rumor or wild-eyed Trumpenstaffel fantasy, this is fact. Again, coincidence does not necessarily imply causation, but.

I have cited the two best-documented and least-disputable pieces of the evidence that troubles me, but there are more, less definite coincidences.

None of which adds up to a smoking gun. But in a criminal trial under US law, circumstantial evidence can be grounds for a conviction, if there is enough of it.

And there, my friends, I will stop. I half expect to be savaged and/or redacted for daring to state these things, but so be it.
I certainly have no ambition to savage you, I'd just point at your first paragraph and say that, unfortunately, coronavirus doesn't care about your or my feelings. I've previously read that a natural COVID infection, especially if it's mild, produces many times fewer antibodies than the vaccines, particularly the newer mRNA and adenovirus vaccines, as well as their adjuvants which are designed to deliver an almighty kick to our immune systems to get them to react to the virus. The question of which variant the antibodies are good for is still out there, of course.

I'm feeling like a sitting duck at the moment, with 2 doses of AZ vaccine, which don't seem to provide much protection against Omicron. I put all of my limited understanding (and feeling) into waiting 100 days between 1st and 2nd doses to get the best immune system reaction, and I'm almost back at square 1 again. I think Moderna would be best for a booster dose, based on what I read, but it seems they can't keep up with demand.

The La Nacion tracker shows that the new cases are increasing quite quickly now, and it's notable that the 7 day averages for CABA and PBA are very similar, where the population of PBA has 3-4 times greater, and the CABA curve is steeper. The positivity is back up at 10%, so it seems like all hell is about to break loose here soon.

About the rest of your post, yes, it's always important to bear in mind that coincidence does not necessarily imply causation. I think the danger of a pandemic has been on scientists' minds for quite some time, and the next pandemic could come from almost anywhere... the 1918 flu came from North America, in South America there are some really nasty viruses around, and people eat "bushmeat" like iguanas, capybaras and other animals in places. I read that while trying to trace the origins of COVID, very similar viruses were found in bats in Cambodia, and the locals had the corresponding antibodies,

The latest report I read on the start of the pandemic in Wuhan indicated that the person considered to be patient 0 (but having no contact with the market) was misidentified, he had the same name as someone who came down with the COVID symptoms some time before. Apparently "gain of function" is something viral biologists do (sounds bloody dangerous to me, but whatever) and the Wuhan lab had a very good reputation in scientific circles. We can keep an open mind, but for now the smoking gun seems to be pointing in another direction.

That’s interesting. I knew they were saying that the mutations will happen because of the transmissions and people being unvaccinated, but I didn’t know there was data that variants are linked to countries where the virus was more out of control. It makes sense and fits precisely what they have been saying regarding why we need to keep the virus from spreading and mutating.
It was just my observation, having read all the virus related news, but other people have seen the same: https://www.infobae.com/america/cie...n-en-regiones-con-poca-cantidad-de-vacunados/

I read somewhere that on average the virus mutates after 4 "hops" between people, and that's certainly going to be more common where people are unvaccinated.

"I read somewhere " is not exactly an impressive testimonial. There is such a thing as reasonable skepticism.
Can't find a reference to the 4-hop mutation now, but this article has some information: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abf3995

"For SARS-CoV-2, these analyses have revealed that the virus evolves at a rate of ∼1.1 × 10−3 substitutions per site per year (2)—corresponding to one substitution every ∼11 days"

It doesn't seem to be inconsistent with my 4-hop recollection. You're welcome to do your own research as well, of course, and if you have something to share, I'll be interested to read it.

OK, great, but that's not necessarily related to whether or not a person has been vaccinated. They admit that the vaccinated can still get the disease and transmit the disease. Our own President got corona after he'd been vaccinated twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back