Argentina should sever diplomatic ties with the US

sergio

Registered
The diplomatic fight stated by the Kirchner administration against the US has been seriously escalating. See links below to two articles, one in Spanish; one in English. It is rumored that the draconian measures taken against the US with respect to the US military cargo plane was the result of resentment by Cristina Kirchner that President Obama did not include Argentina in his upcoming visit to South America. That would seem ironic since the consistent attitude of the Nestor and Cristina administrations has been "Yankee Go Home". Strange that when Yankee Obama respected the Kirchner wishes and stayed away from Argentine territory, the Argentine government felt offended.

It seems to me that the best thing would be for the Kirchner administration to state clearly that they despise the United States and want no part of the country. Given this mentality, they should expel the US ambassador and sever diplomatic relations with the US. The Swiss embassy can handle matters for American citizens who choose to remain in Argentina, assuming that they are permitted to remain. These measures will be well received by Iran, Cuba and all other progressive countries so admired by the Kirchner administration.

Here are the articles to give you some background:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1350175-escalada-en-el-conflicto-con-eeuu

http://www.voanews.com/english/news...oncerned-By-Argentinas-Actions-116365959.html

US companies should probably pull out of Argentina in that case:

Argentina remains open to foreign investment, currently hosting over 500 U.S. companies that employ over 155,000 Argentines.

Well invading the those islands off the coast has already been done, so why not pick a fight with the evil empire of the north. Goes down well with a lot of the voters and it is an election year.

More petulant silliness from the Kirchnerites. Just pique, and pandering to those voters who need pandering. Timerman is about a lightweight a punk as I have seen hereabouts in a while. And I say all this as someone who is not an Argentina basher, plus I couldn't be described as much of a fan about alot that goes in the states these days. One can be critical of both, something that tends to get lost frequently.

The world needs more deep geopolitical thinkers like you. Kissenger would be in awe.

Back