Argentina To Chile Reciprocity Fee?

jazzyj

Registered
If I've already paid the reciprocity fee to enter Argentina as a foreigner, do I need to pay another reciprocity fee for entering Chile from El Calafate if I travel by bus? Thanks!

Only air arrivals at Santiago pay the retaliation fee, and it's good for the life of the passport. Chile is on pace to be accepted into the Visa Waiver Program shortly, which means they should eliminate the fee for US passport holders soon.

Only air arrivals at Santiago pay the retaliation fee, and it's good for the life of the passport. Chile is on pace to be accepted into the Visa Waiver Program shortly, which means they should eliminate the fee for US passport holders soon.

I know you cross often to Villarica and Petrohue.....! but can be more explicit. Other airports also receive international flights?? Antofagasta, Punta Arenas, Arica? Cruise passengers arriving to Valparaiso? Crossing at Cristo Redentor?

I know you cross often to Villarica and Petrohue.....! but can be more explicit. Other airports also receive international flights?? Antofagasta, Punta Arenas, Arica? Cruise passengers arriving to Valparaiso? Crossing at Cristo Redentor?

No, only at Santiago. I have flown into Hanga Roa and Punta Arenas, where they have no facilities for collecting the fee.

I am a US citizen in the process of getting a DNI. I evidently will need to pay a reciprocity fee when flying from EZE to Santiago de Chile in late February. My main question is, can I pay the $160 in pesos at the official rate? Or must I pay in dollars? When do I need to pay? Thanks.

Back