Argentina To "get Tough" On Drug Trafficking

As well as the US created the terrorism problem, financing and being friends of them in the 80s just for having a good pretext to intervene and thorw bombs a few years later, the same is happening with Latin America and the narcos.
The Narco problem is getting worst and worst every time in Argentina. We were up to 2001 a country "de paso" and then became consumer and now became producer. Is what the US embassy wants for the region, and its not hard for everyone to accept the roles: being the US the first country in the world of consumption (and by far) and Latin America a producer continent. Look whats happening in Mexico, look how good went the militar intervention by the US in Colombia. The military industrial complex first creates the problem to then propose a (military) solution. A good indicator of this is one of the most important ways this people (who rule the world, dont we forget the power they have to do whatever they want) have to recruit people to fight these wars: the video games. You know when was the moment the US Air force had more volunteers? when Top Gun premiered. So that changed to the video games, they are one of the biggers sources to get people involved in this wars. If you just see how much video games they had created in the last times with this Narco wars over Latin American countries, targeting children, kids, of 12-19 years old... it is huge!!! They work with stereotypes, Latin America = Narcos, and they transform countries to fit into that. It is inmense the change we have been experimenting in this issue. And now, some people who study this, say that the next problem will be Paraguay, since after the coup they have a very US friend government, they are creating guerrillas in Ciudad del Este, in the west, they are creating the problem, just in the middle of South America, just in the middle of Mercosur, Unasur, etc, etc, to dinamitate it.

There are lots of people who says the narcos in Mexico were trained by the US militar forces. There are lots of people that says the US created that problem. And if you think about ot, it works, the more powerful country on earth, who also has the number one in the consumption ranking, expels the problem just below its frontier, traspassing some problem with their militar solution to its neighbour.

OK notebook, just to clarify: your point is that Argentina SHOULD pursue a war on drugs and that would begin by prosecuting the K's? i.e., you think following the War on Drugs illustrated in the chart shown above is the right way to proceed?
Hi Ed, no, just that maybe we are starting off on the wrong point. It's not about a war, it's about a Government that is heavily involved in the drug trafficking activities. Before you even start to talk about a war on drugs, you have to realize that there will be NO action taken by this government as it would be fighting itself.
Yes 'a real' government 'should' combat the drugs trade & decriminalizing some drugs can help under certain circumstances.

First things first, like Nico I believe that banning soft drugs could be counter productive, no simple answers. I don't take drugs & I believe any drug use (including alcohol) usually escalates to harder drugs with certain individuals who are predisposed to it. I think decriminalizing can work in some countries where there's genuine law & order accompanied by functional government departments, not under a criminal group like the ones we have in the pink house. My understanding is that there is an 'interna' infighting amongst those involved in the drug trade within the K regime & the court ruling is a sign of a serious fight for profits between them (Ks) . Basically the HIgh court was used as a tool by one faction against the other. They may do what's called a 'show' , stage some raids & cut some unnecessary fat so to speak, but nothing much will change under these clowns.

With the current government in power, I don't know that ARgentina is capable of fighting it's way out a wet paper bag let alone run a public education campaign & a drug war.

As well as the US created the terrorism problem, financing and being friends of them in the 80s just for having a good pretext to intervene and thorw bombs a few years later, the same is happening with Latin America and the narcos.
The Narco problem is getting worst and worst every time in Argentina. We were up to 2001 a country "de paso" and then became consumer and now became producer. Is what the US embassy wants for the region, and its not hard for everyone to accept the roles: being the US the first country in the world of consumption (and by far) and Latin America a producer continent. Look whats happening in Mexico, look how good went the militar intervention by the US in Colombia. The military industrial complex first creates the problem to then propose a (military) solution. A good indicator of this is one of the most important ways this people (who rule the world, dont we forget the power they have to do whatever they want) have to recruit people to fight these wars: the video games. You know when was the moment the US Air force had more volunteers? when Top Gun premiered. So that changed to the video games, they are one of the biggers sources to get people involved in this wars. If you just see how much video games they had created in the last times with this Narco wars over Latin American countries, targeting children, kids, of 12-19 years old... it is huge!!! They work with stereotypes, Latin America = Narcos, and they transform countries to fit into that. It is inmense the change we have been experimenting in this issue. And now, some people who study this, say that the next problem will be Paraguay, since after the coup they have a very US friend government, they are creating guerrillas in Ciudad del Este, in the west, they are creating the problem, just in the middle of South America, just in the middle of Mercosur, Unasur, etc, etc, to dinamitate it.

There are lots of people who says the narcos in Mexico were trained by the US militar forces. There are lots of people that says the US created that problem. And if you think about ot, it works, the more powerful country on earth, who also has the number one in the consumption ranking, expels the problem just below its frontier, traspassing some problem with their militar solution to its neighbour.

Yawn...

Matias recycles the same words in different order:

Some of his favorite words:

Militar
US
Inflation
neoliberal
proteccionismo
populismo
US embassy wants
CIA
create problem
Argentina
etc

No matter what you're talking about, discussion almost always turns to the CIA situated at the embassy of the US in Buenos Aires creating evil plans to destabilize the "continente". This is the same BS Peron was spewing when he was alive.

I want to be able to tune into this CIA radio publico too where they announce their plans to the likes of Matias.

Just a little tip, I know a lot of countries have external forces working against them and I am aware that the CIA is not angelic either but sometimes, instead of blaming others, it might be wise to say, "Maybe we're the ones who f***ed this up this time..." I don't know, you might come out of the crap you're in a little stronger.

Yawn...

Matias recycles the same words in different order:

Some of his favorite words:

Militar
US
Inflation
neoliberal
proteccionismo
populismo
US embassy wants
CIA
create problem
Argentina
etc

No matter what you're talking about, discussion almost always turns to the CIA situated at the embassy of the US in Buenos Aires creating evil plans to destabilize the "continente". This is the same BS Peron was spewing when he was alive.

I want to be able to tune into this CIA radio publico too where they announce their plans to the likes of Matias.

Just a little tip, I know a lot of countries have external forces working against them and I am aware that the CIA is not angelic either but sometimes, instead of blaming others, it might be wise to say, "Maybe we're the ones who f***ed this up this time..." I don't know, you might come out of the crap you're in a little stronger.

If Im right of wrong, time will tell.

The consumption of marijuna is completely unrelated to the legalization. In the US its illegal but people use it and it's very easy to get.
For example drug abuse and use in the Netherlands is very low compared to other countries, even though it is almost legal.
2 well-known videos on Fox news vs Holland when it comes to drugs:

I can't bring to watch anything from "Fox News," but I do have to say that Argentina is not exactly Holland (despite la Reina Máxima).

True, but if you compare Holland to other europeans countries you'll see that 'we' have a lower usage of marijana than a lot of them.

Main point is that putting the stam 'illegal' on something is not automatically gonna stop people from using it. How easy it is to get weed here in Argentina on the street. Better just legalize and regulate, and at least then you know who sells it, what they sell and how much they sell, and you can actually get some tax income on it as well.

Weed has nothing to do with the narco issue. Too bulky and smelly and not a big price per weight. We are talking about coke, other powders and it's rancid offspring paco. Legalising weed won't have the slightest effect on controlling this.

I really cant see anyone legalising harder drugs, even if they did they would in all likelihood be illegal in neighbouring countries so smuggling and production for these markets will exist.

I cannot see a scenario where Argentina can control drug production , transit and consumption.

Back