Argentinas Corrupt Penal And Judicial System

If the "educating criminals method" is working, why are there so many repeat offenders? I understand about mixing small time criminals with hard criminals but they should be separated rather than allowing them to get out of the consequences of their illegal actions.

Hard data please, not yellow press.
I explained how is the aproach, much more civilized than in the US.
This is a federal country, it means that this works different from State to State.
In my professional experience, i had a case where he was addicted to paco and stole a taxi with a toy gun, 28 pesos. He was convicted to 5 years and first he was at the jail of Devoto that was a joke, zero discipline, drugs, etc. But nobody stays there long. As soon as you are sentenced they send you to a federal jail in the country side. He was sent to el chaco and there was no joke. The law to educate them was really enforced and there were no drugs. I lost contact later but his wife who got their baby while he was in jail was very happy with his advance. My client was desesperated the first month at Chaco, but later he was happy and learning carpentry.

Hard data please, not yellow press.
I explained how is the aproach, much more civilized than in the US.
This is a federal country, it means that this works different from State to State.

Basic facts please.

The United States is a federal country, which means it works differently from state to state. Argentine modeled its system on the US constitution.

Some crimes, however, are federal crimes, and there is a separate national justice and prison system. They all work very differently.

Talking about hard data and arguing with a single story instead of country-wide statistics doesn't really compute bajo...

Back