Argentina's New Boeing 757 Presidential Jet Arrives In Style

HMS Sheffield
HMS Ardent
HMS Coventry
MV Atlantic Conveyor
RFA Sir Galahad
LCU F4 (of HMS Fearless)

and 17 others damaged in some degree

Oh, no! A pilot behaved like an arrogant asshole?!? I am deeply, deeply shocked. This has never happened before, never in the history of the world!

I grew up in San Diego, when Miramar belonged to the USN, and their "Top Gun" school was there. I have known plenty of brown shoe navy, and the word arrogant was made for them, God bless 'em, one and all :)
What a weird statement to make, relating this back to war. Too many Malvinas weather reports today?

Makes me laugh they have a new plane while the country is trying to keep its head above San Francisco's poverty line.

Just what the country needs in a time of crisis and capital controls, because chartering a commercial airliner from the likes of Aerolineas Argentinas
(like say the Pope or Presidents of Austria, Bangladesh, Finland, Mexico, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Denmark, Lebanon, Costa Rica, Indonesia, China and more do) just isn’t glamorous enough for them and following simple ATC instructions is beneath them. This group of political parasites and their clingons just want to show and feel that they are above it all as the owners of the state.
This government is truly shameless.

[
Just what the country needs in a time of crisis and capital controls, because chartering a commercial airliner from the likes of Aerolineas Argentinas
(like say the Pope or Presidents of Austria, Bangladesh, Finland, Mexico, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Denmark, Lebanon, Costa Rica, Indonesia, China and more do) just isn’t glamorous enough for them and following simple ATC instructions is beneath them. This group of political parasites and their clingons just want to show and feel that they are above it all as the owners of the state.
This government is truly shameless.

1-Brand new totally unnecessary jet
2-Irresponsible cocky manouveur upon delivery

If that doesn't say 'F### you plebs!' I don't know what does.

A 40 year old Embraer tuboprop would have been more suitable.

[

1-Brand new totally unnecessary jet
2-Irresponsible cocky manouveur upon delivery

If that doesn't say 'F### you plebs!' I don't know what does.

A 40 year old Embraer tuboprop would have been more suitable.
Totally unnecessary, yes. Brand new? Production of that model ended in 2004 and, depending on the serial number, this one could be considerably older. I'd be interested in a professional assessment of the purchase price but twenty-five million sounds like a lot of money to me for a worn-out obsolete jet

Totally unnecessary, yes. Brand new? Production of that model ended in 2004 and, depending on the serial number, this one could be considerably older. I'd be interested in a professional assessment of the purchase price but twenty-five million sounds like a lot of money to me for a worn-out obsolete jet

A lot of the price is maintenance history/status, so it's hard to judge the purchase price one way or another.

If the jet isn't used a tonne (and I assume it will not be), it's probably not a bad choice. Efficiencies in terms of operating cost per hour become less relevant.

A lot of the price is maintenance history/status, so it's hard to judge the purchase price one way or another.

If the jet isn't used a tonne (and I assume it will not be), it's probably not a bad choice. Efficiencies in terms of operating cost per hour become less relevant.
The reality is that they already have a 737-500 (slightly older, but not obsolete) that they have been flying around in for the past years that you can see most days at Aeroparque which co-incidentally is that same model and similar age as the president of Chile has.... but for the parasites who appear to measure their members by the length of their plane it is not sexy enough, they want something bigger that costs far more to operate and maintain to show they are as VIP as their vaccines. The fact is that neither a 737 or a 757 will get them to Europe or further afield non-stop on their occaisional jollies abroad, and it will be doing the majority of its flying to glamorous destinations such as Santa Rosa de la Pampa, Tucuman (and for the next few months, Calafate and Rio Grande....)

Last edited:
Back