Argentine Alien Resident = Mercosur?

Thanks everybody.

So first comes residency, then citizenship, and THEN MercoSur.

Cool B-)

I got my permananet residency processed in London before coming to stay here in 2007. My DNI was obtained in 2010 after much faffing about. The only differences I noted between my DNI and my Argentine wife's are that mine is only valid until 2025 and the booklet cover is deep maroon in colour compared to my wife's light blue. Nowhere on either the the booklet or laminated card does it say "extranjero". My number starts 94

I got my permananet residency processed in London before coming to stay here in 2007. My DNI was obtained in 2010 after much faffing about. The only differences I noted between my DNI and my Argentine wife's are that mine is only valid until 2025 and the booklet cover is deep maroon in colour compared to my wife's light blue. Nowhere on either the the booklet or laminated card does it say "extranjero". My number starts 94

Every DNI starts with 9 is extranjero even if it is not mentioned...

Bajo_Cero thanks for the info on MERCOSUR. That's interesting. I have one question. Is there a waiting period after you get citizenship or do you have immediate access to all MERCOSUR countries for living, working, etc. And thanks for the info that you post.

Back