Argentine Citizenship for foreigners: Can it really be this easy?

I don't think pride in your family or your country is a bad thing. :) A man is responsible for his place in his family and his place in his country. A country is made up primarily by its people, after all... if you think you've got it pretty good, what's wrong with being grateful and proud of that? People tend to keep their culture pretty close to their hearts - it's part of what defines us. It doesn't mean you look down on others, since even the most humble of tribes can be unified and proud of who they are. Solidarity (being tied to your community) is not a bad thing.

I don't believe in the "citizen of the world" that really is only after his own interests. :p But I suppose it's just a different philosophy.

Of course nationalism can be used to manipulate people... but people are easily manipulated anyway. If it's not religion, it's by their government, if it's not the government, then some other type of group that wants your money. :p

Eclair said:
I don't think pride in your family or your country is a bad thing. :) A man is responsible for his place in his family and his place in his country. A country is made up primarily by its people, after all... if you think you've got it pretty good, what's wrong with being grateful and proud of that? People tend to keep their culture pretty close to their hearts - it's part of what defines us. It doesn't mean you look down on others, since even the most humble of tribes can be unified and proud of who they are. Solidarity (being tied to your community) is not a bad thing.

I don't believe in the "citizen of the world" that really is only after his own interests. :p But I suppose it's just a different philosophy.

Of course nationalism can be used to manipulate people... but people are easily manipulated anyway. If it's not religion, it's by their government, if it's not the government, then some other type of group that wants your money. :p

Family and country are -I believe- two different things. A country is an artificial thing, an invention. Borders, which are artificial as well, can define what country you belong to. If one's mother happened to be living 100m further to the West, one could have been born in a different country. Either side of the border your family remains your family.

And I am yet to find any positive aspect of nationalism. For me there is really none.

Hi Steve,

How about the yearly update? :huh: Are you a citizen yet?

David

Back