Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
El chabon said:
Last time I checked I was foreigner in Argentina

You didnt respond the question by the way. I wonder why

It´s off topic and as soon as you are insulting me there is no reason to play your game. Any off topic or insults, you can do them personally, my office is at Viamonte 1479 2 A.

If you are upset because you didn´t have arguments about the other thread about the "crisis" that you assert that it is coming, sorry, try reading a little about history. That´s the way debates are, if there is no debate, they got boring.

Regards

Again no response to my question. And just insults, i would really be interested in your services surely

Hi can i ask a question related to this topic ???
My father has the nationality and he will give it to my mum but can he give to me and to my brother. If we are now above 20 years old and if no what's the solution ...

If he was born in argentina, then you are argentine and you just need to go tothr registro civil of your neiborhoodwith his birth certificate, yours and you just apply for your dni. If you are abroad, you do the same at the consulate.
If he got the citizenship, it is the same but perhaps the employeds of the registro civil don't understand it. Then it has to be done at Court but it take 1 or 2 weeks.
You mom has to do the whole procedure and she needs to be living in Argentina. Regards

Hey
For those who were interested, I asked about losing citizenship with USA once I gain my Argentine one.

Dear Mr. Braytrain:

Thank you for contacting us. In general, the act of acquiring foreign citizenship should not, in and of itself, deprive you of your American citizenship. Loss of U.S. citizenship occurs when the holder voluntarily relinquishes same or commits expatriating acts, such as treason. Likewise, accepting a policy-making position in a foreign government could also result in the loss of U.S. citizenship. We are enclosing information on loss of U.S. citizenship and dual nationality.

Sincerely
SG ACS

braytrain said:
Hey
For those who were interested, I asked about losing citizenship with USA once I gain my Argentine one.

Dear Mr. Braytrain:

Thank you for contacting us. In general, the act of acquiring foreign citizenship should not, in and of itself, deprive you of your American citizenship. Loss of U.S. citizenship occurs when the holder voluntarily relinquishes same or commits expatriating acts, such as treason. Likewise, accepting a policy-making position in a foreign government could also result in the loss of U.S. citizenship. We are enclosing information on loss of U.S. citizenship and dual nationality.

Sincerely
SG ACS
What did they enclose?

Hi all

I would be extremely grateful if someone could give me a step-by-step guide of how to get citizenship.

I have been here illegally for six years with my two children, 17 and 20. I am British, I own a house and a car, one of my children are studying here and the other is waiting to enter uni.

I have been informed here that it would be quite dangerous to apply for residency now, so would be better to go for citizenship. I have been to see a solicitor, but for me and my son it was going to cost $26,000 so afraid that is out, I cannot afford such extortionate fees.

Apart from wanting to live legally and have my human rights as a citizen, ie have credit cards, drive legally, etc, etc. I have not seen my family for six and a half years now and I am desperate to go and see them in the UK, but I am afraid if I went, I would not get back in the country which would be terrible, my children here and finding myself homeless in the UK. So if somebody could please point me in the right direction I would be so grateful, I am tearing my hair out here in desperation. The lawyer I went to see said it is very difficult to get citizenship without a lawyer, but if I had to spend that kind of money then I couldn't go and see my family as I would take the last bit of money I have, so quite a predicament for me really.

So Steve, who seems to be very knowledgeable on this subject or anybody else I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks all

Karen

Kaz said:
So Steve, who seems to be very knowledgeable on this subject or anybody else I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

In spite of what some might lead you to believe, applying for citizenship does not require spending a lot of money for lawyers.

If I understand correctly, the laws for obtaining citizenship actually prohibit lawyers from participating in the process, though, thanks to his own skills, Dr. Rubliar has been able to become involved in order to advance the cause.

If you have AN HONEST WAY OF MAKING A LVING you can apply for citizenship, even if you have to do it all by yourself!

Just go to the juzgada federal that has jurisdiciton over your domicle and ask what you need to provide.

And don't be afraid to ask Dr. Ribliar for his advice here, but of course he is a professional who should be paid if he actually represents you in court.

He has already provided more information here than we could reasonably expect (without charge) from almost any attorney in the US or the UK.

Just to show our appreciation, I suggest that eveyone click on the "thanks" button everytime he posts.

Thanks for your advice Steve. And you are quite correct in what you say regarding Dr Rubilar, he is extremely knowledgeable on this subject. And I wish dearly that I had the money to be able to pay for his services, as I have no doubt whatsoever that he could solve my problem for me. I am really fed up of me and my two kids living as illegal immigrants. I want to be able to live as I lived in the UK, with the rights of anyone, and especially the right to be able to leave the country for a month and know that I can come back into the country.

Thanks again for responding to my post.

steveinbsas said:
In spite of what some might lead you to believe, applying for citizenship does not require spending a lot of money for lawyers.

If I understand correctly, the laws for obtaining citizenship actually prohibit lawyers from participating in the process, though, thanks to his own skills, Dr. Rubliar has been able to become involved in order to advance the cause.

I would recommend against this. I started the process on my own in 2006 thinking (as I was told by the people in the court and even printed on the forms they have you fill out) that a lawyer is not necessary.

But the truth is the employees in the juzgado are not helpful at all, they lose the paperwork, etc. They send you to the wrong office to do the identity checks. Since I put a lawyer on my case last year things have been going much better, they have reconstructed my file and things are moving again.

I would recommend using a lawyer even though they say you don't need one. I would not pay a lawyer $20,000+ pesos up front though. No way. Unless it is a lawyer who has lots of experience and you know they are going to deliver this should be pay by results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back