Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felicitaciones. I would just say that holders of Argentine citizenship without a word of Spanish should be on the guard when attempting to use consular services abroad: Argentine consular officers tend to give them a harder time, suspecting them of double nationality (which, with some few exceptions, is not allowed in Argentina: you have to renounce your citizenship of origin when presenting your oath) or other irregularity of some sort or another.

Well, he is bringing his family from China now and he is very happy about that. And as soon as he has a valid DNI and carta de ciudadanía, the bourocrats has to shut up. However, I don t understand you comment.

There is no renounce of there citizenship when they get the AR citizenship. That s the abolished law.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 out anyone who can help,

I've been a university student in Buenos Aires for close to a year. I'm curious to know how early one can apply for citizenship. Spanish isn't a problem for me since I am from Mexico. This topic has mentioned that it's better to naturalize than to deal with permits and visas, which is strange for me since my country has very strict immigration laws. I fell in love with Argentina and I don't want to part from it. What advice or recommendations can you give me?

Depends. If you arrived illegally to Argentina, it is possible to apply with only one year. Having a valid student visa, you need to wait until the second year. However, it depends from judge to judge but if you have to appeal, you are going to lose.

La realidad es que no te van a sortear un juez en la mesa de entradas de la Camara sin un abogado que normalmente presente casos que no cuadran en sus requisitos.

Saludos

Well, he is bringing his family from China now and he is very happy about that. And as soon as he has a valid DNI and carta de ciudadanía, the bourocrats has to shut up. However, I don t understand you comment.

There is no renounce of there citizenship when they get the AR citizenship. That s the abolished law.

Regards

Oh i c. I didn't realise. Although, the new consul last year asked me whether I held a second nationality (I don't) -- thus I was assuming she had the legal issue in mind.

At any rate, my point is: it's much better to be able to have some Spanish rather than none when showing up at the Argentine embassy.

Oh i c. I didn't realise. Although, the new consul last year asked me whether I held a second nationality (I don't) -- thus I was assuming she had the legal issue in mind.

At any rate, my point is: it's much better to be able to have some Spanish rather than none when showing up at the Argentine embassy.

For what all reasons do you show up at Argentine embassy, other than renewing yr passport ( every 10 yrs)

For what all reasons do you show up at Argentine embassy, other than renewing yr passport ( every 10 yrs)

my passport is a 5-year one, not 10-year one (those are only issued in Argentina, not abroad *yet*: we're awaiting the new biometric one) -- additionally, old consular passports are non-renewable, which adds up to the complication.

Sure! It is also better to have the money of Bill Gates than ours.

About the comment you mentioned, it is normal at Court that they enforce abolished laws, otherwise I would be looking for a new job.
Regards

• Okay, I checked with my lawyer and his assistant tells me my case is in the federal court and that we don't know who the judge is, that it changes all the time. I have a Permanent DNI. I began the citizenship process 10 months ago and my language test will be in one week--next Wednesday.

• Okay, I checked with my lawyer and his assistant tells me my case is in the federal court and that we don't know who the judge is, that it changes all the time. I have a Permanent DNI. I began the citizenship process 10 months ago and my language test will be in one week--next Wednesday.

Outdated. The Chamber changed the system for jueces subrogantes (when there is a vacancy, some other judge has to fill it). After the big scandal with the Clarin case where 3 Federal judges resigned and the disqualification of some other judges, now the judges subrogantes are permanent.

You can check on the website of the federal Chamber wich Court and Secretary you have.

However, I insist, if you aren t Chinese, relax about the languaje test.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back