Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the 3 posters above me. My Spanish test was fairly simple as well. Though I consider my Spanish at bullshit level but good enough to survive the perils of BA. Of course, a lot is luck. I was asked simple questions about my life. The kind of questions, which Argentines ask me when I meet them for the first time. So I was quite adept in answering them.

I have never met Mr Bajo. But from his posts above, its evident that he is getting good success ( even with Chinese clients who don't speak a word of English or Spanish). If you are too nervous with your present lawyer, I suggest you hire his services and you will sail through.

Update:
a) I won another case of a Chinese inhabitant. Not big deal. He had permanent DNI.

b.) I got a positive Prosecutor opinion on a case of a Chinese inhabitant who arrived illegaly to Argentina avoiding customs. He also has a deportation order. The Prosecutor opinion states he deserves the argentine citizenship.

We´ll see what the judge says in the desicion.

I had to fight very hard on this case because when I started, the employed of the judge said us that "I find it appalling that these illegal Chinese seek citizenship Argentina".
However, if I have to appeal with the Prosecutor on my side, the judge will take a beating.
I think that this is the first case in history and I made it happend with the most ultra-nationalist judge (SS), not bad...

C) Next week I m going to start a new case where I m going to debate what the honest way of living means. Our Bill of Right states that moral issues are exempt from the power of judges. It also also states that everything that is not forbidden is permitted. My client is from Dominicana and, as many womans who lost the legal residency, she had to prostitute as her honest way of living.
In Argentina to prostitute is legal. Pimps are illegal but the law protects persons who have to do it for a living. So, we are going to Supreme Court non stop.

Regards

Supposedly I go in two weeks for the "language test." Lawyer says I have to do that first. I am just now seeing your posts about the language requirement. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I've got a chance. I've really been studying for the last few weeks. My problem is not answering questions, for some reason it's difficult for me to understand when people talk to me. I've been told if I don't understand the questions I won't get it. But at least I know the subject in this case. Yes, I'm pretty anxious about it so sure appreciate the encouragement.

Also if I don't pass I can go, as I understand, in March. But I don't want to delay until then. I'm ready to get it finished!

Supposedly I go in two weeks for the "language test." Lawyer says I have to do that first. I am just now seeing your posts about the language requirement. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I've got a chance. I've really been studying for the last few weeks. My problem is not answering questions, for some reason it's difficult for me to understand when people talk to me. I've been told if I don't understand the questions I won't get it. But at least I know the subject in this case. Yes, I'm pretty anxious about it so sure appreciate the encouragement.

Also if I don't pass I can go, as I understand, in March. But I don't want to delay until then. I'm ready to get it finished!

In which Court is your case?

The languaje test is an excuse for denying citizenship to Chineses. I don t think you should worry a lot.

Thank you Bajo_Cero2. I can use every bit of encouragement I can get. Coming from you that definitely makes me feel better. I'm sorry I don't know which court. That's enough to make me check and see though. I was told that the woman who has it is good (efficient, etc) but a real stickler about the language and other things, if that tells you anything.

As I think I've posted here already, I'm really not unhappy about the pressure. I want to be proficient with the language. After all, I live here, and while I've been working on it, and I get around just fine, I confess that the sense of purpose has been a lot greater this last month. My goal was to be conversational by 2013 and I have NOT made it. But I sure had a big push in the right direction! ;)

Bajo_cero2 out anyone who can help,

I've been a university student in Buenos Aires for close to a year. I'm curious to know how early one can apply for citizenship. Spanish isn't a problem for me since I am from Mexico. This topic has mentioned that it's better to naturalize than to deal with permits and visas, which is strange for me since my country has very strict immigration laws. I fell in love with Argentina and I don't want to part from it. What advice or recommendations can you give me?

Dear Ceviche,
I've spent my teens in Buenos Aires in the 1990s, 4 years in total, having obtained by full citizenship towards the very end of my 4th year. About 3 of those years it took me to obtain the permanent resident status. However, I could not apply for a citizenship, because in order to apply I had to have 2+ years of *permanent residency status* completed: that is how the court bureaucrats interpreted the constitution: and that was the procedure. However, an exception was given to my mother because she was married to an Argentine, so she could apply for her citizenship without a 2-year waiting term. Thus, she obtained her citizenship one year before I did the mine.

Now, I am sure I could contact the lawyer and try seek re-dress that: however, from my experience in dealing with Argentine bureaucracy, what people say above seems very true: suing the govt in Argentina will take time and money. Things are seldom done quickly in Argentina.

So, I would go along with what your two informant lawyers had already told you: unless you are lucky and some miracle lawyer can help you find another way around that.

my 5 c. :)

I had approached Mr Gabriel in 2010 and very openly told him that I wanted to become a Argentine citizen. He told me the ONLY and ONLY way possible is to become a permanent resident first and then become a citizen and whole process from residency to citizenship takes 5.5 years! Total Bollocks!!

Similarly, I had approached Lorena at ARCA for Argentine citizenship in 2008. She gave me the same bullshit as Gabriel.

The idea that when you come to renew residency, they make money every year out of you while citizenship is a far more clear cut procedure with less scope of making money!

Both Gabriel and Lorena are either thieves in disguise of a lawyer OR they are very gullible idiots who have no knowledge of law of their own country!

Enough said!

Respect to Mr Bajo Cero.

Felicitaciones. I would just say that holders of Argentine citizenship without a word of Spanish should be on the guard when attempting to use consular services abroad: Argentine consular officers tend to give them a harder time, suspecting them of double nationality (which, with some few exceptions, is not allowed in Argentina: you have to renounce your citizenship of origin when presenting your oath) or other irregularity of some sort or another.

a
DNILinQversocensurado.jpg

DNILinQreversocensurado.jpg

Yesterday arrived Lin´s DNI, It took 26 days, not bad.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 out anyone who can help,

I've been a university student in Buenos Aires for close to a year. I'm curious to know how early one can apply for citizenship. Spanish isn't a problem for me since I am from Mexico. This topic has mentioned that it's better to naturalize than to deal with permits and visas, which is strange for me since my country has very strict immigration laws. I fell in love with Argentina and I don't want to part from it. What advice or recommendations can you give me?

If you've been in Argentina for a year you can apply since it takes about a year or a year and a half for them to make a decision which in turn fulfills the 2 year requirement.

I just applied for citizenship today. They are strict about the DNI so you might need legal assistance. I am married to an Argentine so the time limit doesn't apply to me and I already had the DNI hence I didn't need a lawyer.

Arlean, is your judge's name Dra. Barbado (secretario Muzio)? I got her and her secretary's secretary told me that I would need to know how to read and write Spanish (which I do) and also to be able to converse in basic Spanish.

How long did it take for them to call you for the Spanish test? When did you apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back