Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past hour I received three PMs from a new member who joined today and has yet to post.

The first PM (title ¨skype¨):

dude do you have a landline that i can call? ill call you there and give you some details about argentine citizenship for expats...

The second PM (title ¨holahola¨):

are you part of the cia or mossad?

The third PM (titlked ¨skype¨)

do you want the information or not?

(the bold and underline were in the PM. I received it after replying that he could post the information on the forum)

Anybody care to guess who these are from?

And what kind of crap I could expect if I gave my phone number?

gouchobob said:
I think your answer is correct. Why would anybody want Argentine citizenship if you already have it from the U.S., Canada, or Europe? I'm sure there are people who feel otherwise and I would love to hear their reasoning. I'm not sure why Steve continues to jabber on this subject as I really doubt he or anyone else going to apply for it.

I already said I was going to apply for it.

I´m not sure why you continue to post here at all.

steveinbsas said:
Anybody care to guess who these are from?

And what kind of crap I could expect if I gave my phone number?

I'm guessing that you're smart enough not to give someone like that your phone number, pero bueno.

This is a very interesting thread. I think that there are many people who have been in the country for over 2 years, but they have probably left the country at least once, if not several times, over that 2+ year period of time.

I'm guessing that leaving for lunch in Uruguay would restart the 2 year clock. Who knows anymore...

steveinbsas said:
I already said I was going to apply for it.

I´m not sure why you continue to post here at all.

Why would you, what's the scam?

gouchobob said:
Why would you, what's the scam?
Indeed Steve, what is the scam this time? It's interesting that you have so little in your life that you think it's important to try to get other people interested in ridiculous private messages you have been sending to yourself.
I also liked this:
steveinbsas said:
Sorry, mini, I guess I was just being a gunt.:eek:
I suggest that you use that thing you call 'google' to figure out what offensive thing you just called yourself! I'm sure you have had your share.

Napoleon said:
I'm guessing that you're smart enough not to give someone like that your phone number, pero bueno.
He's already given his exact location out to the entire world on another thread, including GPS coordinates. What difference is a phone number now!

Anyways, in an effort to sooth Steve's thirst for information on citizenship in ARG, I will relay some information I have encountered - There have been three expats who received citizenship by petitioning the supreme court. None were Merkins. There have been more than ten unsuccessful petitions.

gouchobob said:
Not correct the issue was resolved before he took the job. His citizenship and pension were never taken away.

I read the story over 15 years back and was quoting from memory. The Wiki article is here. I think the salient point is that the US government allowed him to take on the job of Estonian defence chief. So it is possible for a US citizen to serve in another military. Come to think of it, many people holding dual citizenship of Israel and the US serve in the Israeli military.

gunt86 said:
I also liked this:
I suggest that you use that thing you call 'google' to figure out what offensive thing you just called yourself! I'm sure you have had your share.

Whaddaya mean offensive....it´s your name isn´t it?

steveinbsas said:
Sorry, mini, I guess I was just being a gunt.:eek:

Mini was right. You really are an idiot.

laureltp said:
steveninba, I have a question. I heard that if you get citizenship of another country and you are from the US that if the US finds out you have another citizenship they may revoke your US citizenship. Is that true or some kind of rumor, do you know?

Up until the 1st of July 2010 it was a requirement to renounce your citizenship of origin.

However the judiciary ruled in Expte. No 2275/2010.- "Zunino Ignacio s /Peticion" that it was no longer required to give up your other citizenship on a side note nor is it any longer a requirement to state your religion.

cheers

davepba said:
Up until the 1st of July 2010 it was a requirement to renounce your citizenship of origin.

However the judiciary ruled in Expte. No 2275/2010.- "Zunino Ignacio s /Peticion" that it was no longer required to give up your other citizenship on a side note nor is it any longer a requirement to state your religion.

cheers

Thanks. That's really useful info. Perhaps that's why so few foreigners ever applied for Argentine citizenship in the past.

Funny how none of the "lawyers" mentioned this.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back