Argentine Government Will Make More Cheap To Tranfer Dollars

lamarque

Registered
The government will put correo argentino to compete against western union as this last company have been taking advantage of the people sending family help outside the country by charging them 48%. Now tranfer 300 usd outside the country by Correo argentino will cost 6% and you just need your document and prof of family link with the person that recive the money. You pay in pesos and it converted at oficial rate to usd and its tranfered to your family account. If you have a bank account you can have a bigger limit of 1500 usd per month with 7% cost.

Aparently some time is good the state intervention when companys like western union charge 48% for a tranfer.

Anyway is a interesting new, as it show that there is a little more flexibility now, still not enought :)

http://www.infobae.c...-Argentino.html

Great data, for legal workers en blanco with DNI, CUITor CUIL ? and proof of next of kin...??

Sin embargo, para evitar que alguno intente aprovechar el mecanismo para hacerse de dólares, la entidad solicitará DNI y fotocopia, un comprobante de CUIT o CUIL y alguna documentación que demuestre parentesco con la persona que recibirá el dinero.

Great data, for legal workers en blanco with DNI, CUITor CUIL ? and proof of next of kin...??

Sin embargo, para evitar que alguno intente aprovechar el mecanismo para hacerse de dólares, la entidad solicitará DNI y fotocopia, un comprobante de CUIT o CUIL y alguna documentación que demuestre parentesco con la persona que recibirá el dinero.

Yes of course is for legal workers or legal owners of companys, the same with the bank family help tranfer, but in the bank they don't ask you the cuil/cuit or at least they didn't ask me, neither for the family link when i did it first, after the first time is very straight forward no more info asked and you can do it monthly for 300 by correo argentino or by 1500 by bank tranfer.

Unfortunately this will be the final nail in the coffin for the few surviving 'kosher' legit casas de cambio.

but in the bank they don't ask you the cuil/cuit or at least they didn't ask me, neither for the family link when i did it first, after the first time is very straight forward no more info asked and you can do it monthly for 300 by correo argentino or by 1500 by bank tranfer.

Lamarque, what bank did/do you use. I am planning on calling Santander where I have my salary account this coming week to see if I can set up a monthly transfer of to my mother. Is it a "wire" type transfer?

Lamarque, what bank did/do you use. I am planning on calling Santander where I have my salary account this coming week to see if I can set up a monthly transfer of to my mother. Is it a "wire" type transfer?

If you have your sallary account you shouldn't have any problem at all. All the banks works, but is always better in the bank where you recive your legal sallary. The tranfer will go from your bank to her bank, and you have to go every month with a complete form that you always complete with the same info, in the moment you do this you need to have the money in pesos (enought to convert them to dollars at oficial rate plus around 6%). They provide you that or you can find it in your online banking to.

(not sure what happened to my post?!)

Anyway, This seems very odd to me given that they're put 2838348 restrictions in place to stem capital flight and made it virtually impossible to buy dollars here. Now they're saying anyone can buy up to 1500 USD with pesos at the official rate (providing they have a bank account) and send it overseas with no controls??

Can anyone point out what the gov't is getting out of this b/c it's certainly not being done out of kindness. My only thought is it gives them information regarding overseas citizens and their accounts??

Back