Argentine Residency and Citizenship

trey said:
To be honest, I don't know what good the DNI is to me, since I'm not looking to get loans or a cell phone contract, but it came as part of the process.

You don't even need it for a cell phone contract.
I have the same problem. So I'm thinking of abandoning the DNI.
I'm curious how you resolved your name issue.

mini said:

Hi mini,

Interesting... I'm curious as to what company didn't require your DNI for a cell contract?

Both Personal and Claro required our DNIs to get contracts with them. Not only that, DNIs had to show residency validity for at least 11 ~ 12 months ahead. Claro also declined one of us for the contract (at first) because they could not find a record / history on Veraz (ie. Equifax credit report).

:)

2GuysInPM said:
Hi mini,

Interesting... I'm curious as to what company didn't require your DNI for a cell contract?

Both Personal and Claro required our DNIs to get contracts with them. Not only that, DNIs had to show residency validity for at least 11 ~ 12 months ahead. Claro also declined one of us for the contract (at first) because they could not find a record / history on Veraz (ie. Equifax credit report).

:)

Hi. We have mobistar* & I don't think we have Veraz reports as we got the contract about 3 months after we arrived. We have CUILs & temp residency papers, but after over a year, no DNIs.

Hello Steveinbsas,

I received my Precaria (jubilado) two months ago and went with the right documents to RENAPE twice only to be told that no tournos were being given out until December. Are they now "happening" to your knowledge? I wish to have the DNI to make my life just a little easier. Already have a CUIL and other docs. Do you happen to know if some (yet to be named lawyers) can expidite this process, or shall I just take the slow road?

mini said:
Hi. We have mobistar* & I don't think we have Veraz reports as we got the contract about 3 months after we arrived. We have CUILs & temp residency papers, but after over a year, no DNIs.

That's good to know, thank you! ... Consistent with the inconsistency here. :D

2GuysInPM said:
That's good to know, thank you! ... Consistent with the inconsistency here. :D

I agree! You just have to keep asking 'til you get the answer you want.

odyssea said:
Hello Steveinbsas,

I received my Precaria (jubilado) two months ago and went with the right documents to RENAPE twice only to be told that no tournos were being given out until December. Are they now "happening" to your knowledge? I wish to have the DNI to make my life just a little easier. Already have a CUIL and other docs. Do you happen to know if some (yet to be named lawyers) can expidite this process, or shall I just take the slow road?

New location for foreigners to apply for and renew the DNI.

After many delays, applications for a new DNI as well as renewals for foreigners are now being processed in the ground floor of the Immigration Museum behind the Immigration Offices on Antardida.

The telephone number to obtain a "turno" to apply for a new DNI is 5222-7117 Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 16:00. I don't think renewals require an appointment and I don't know how many turnos for renewals will be given daily.

mini said:

sorry, only just checked back on this thread... I resolved the name issue by asking the British Consulate to stamp a letter that I produced, which stated that my passport and my birth certificate are for the same person, although the middle name appears in one doc and not the other. They used to do a "same person letter" as a standard service but withdrew it last year: they reckon they can't legally state that you are indeed the same person. What they can do is stamp a letter where you state that you are the same person... Plus of course they charge you through the nose for it.

trey said:
sorry, only just checked back on this thread... I resolved the name issue by asking the British Consulate to stamp a letter that I produced, which stated that my passport and my birth certificate are for the same person, although the middle name appears in one doc and not the other. They used to do a "same person letter" as a standard service but withdrew it last year: they reckon they can't legally state that you are indeed the same person. What they can do is stamp a letter where you state that you are the same person... Plus of course they charge you through the nose for it.

Thanks Trey for your reply.
You did this for your DNI? I had the letter for the residency but the people who do the DNI won't accept it.

Anyone know about the citizenship process and procedure but the other way around. For, example im an Argie and i marry an American girl here in BAires. How do i apply for US residency from here? Do i have to go back to the US and live with my wife there in order to get it or can everything be done from here? any advice would come in handy! Thanks

Back