Argentine things you've been converted to....

Uncle Dermot said:
In my previous flat, when I was hand washing some stuff in the bathroom sink, the foam was popping out thru the drain on the bathroom floor, when I was doing the washing up in the kitchen sink the water and foam would come up thru the drain on the kitchen floor. In my new flat (brand new place, rented thru a friend) the disgusting smell coming out of the drain on the kitchen floor makes me puke sometimes. I don't really see the point of having a desagüe on the kitchen floor!
:D
If you smell something from it, then it lacks the obligatory ventilation tube (or worse, the isolating siphon). Protest to the owner.

Napoleon said:
Depending on the time zone back in the States, there should be little to no adjustment.

Just DON'T CHANGE YOUR WATCH WHEN YOU GO HOME!!

Stay on Argentina time!!

For instance, right now TEXAS (except El Paso) is BA -3.

Dallas/Austin/Houston 7:30pm = 10:30pm Buenos Aires

It's easy to just keep the same schedule.

D/A/H bars close at 2:00am = 5:00am Buenos Aires (a little early, but not terrible)

D/A/H people wake up at 6:30am-7am = 9:30am-10am Buenos Aires time (a little early, but not terrible ;) )

Problem solved.

I live in the UK, we eat our evening meal at about six.
We come to BaAs and eat at Ten that is ten plus three hours = one in the morning. I have strated eating the chairs by the time I get food.:eek:

tangobob said:
I live in the UK, we eat our evening meal at about six.
We come to BaAs and eat at Ten that is ten plus three hours = one in the morning. I have strated eating the chairs by the time I get food.:eek:

Tangobob you just have to learn the pleasure of a Mate and merienda at about 5/6pm.

marraco said:
If you smell something from it, then it lacks the obligatory ventilation tube (or worse, the isolating siphon). Protest to the owner.

Wow, thanks for the tip...will do!

vanessa said:
and now that's its summer time (almost) mate with fanta.

Now that's something I haven't heard of... I definitely have to try it!

marraco said:

Good point. Most people in this country are lazy. My best advice if you want to get things done is to let people know you are not satisfied. If you don't get results, insist until you do. Get used to being "pesado". "El que no llora no mama", my friend... :)

Hache said:
Good point. Most people in this country are lazy. My best advice if you want to get things done is to let people know you are not satisfied. If you don't get results, insist until you do. Get used to being "pesado". "El que no llora no mama", my friend... :)

I had to verbally abuse my "employer" last week already...I am kind of used to being pesado...
:D:D:D

Uncle Dermot said:
I had to verbally abuse my "employer" last week already...I am kind of used to being pesado...
:D:D:D

Well done! Make him suffer!!! :D

With the advent of warmer weather I found my alfahores getting a bit messy. I put them in the fridge and discovered it not only kept the chocolate from melting but improved the texture greatly over "normal" room temperature. (This observation applies only to Terrabusi "clasico" thus far.)

steveinbsas said:
With the advent of warmer weather I found my alfahores getting a bit messy. I put them in the fridge and discovered it not only kept the chocolate from melting but improved the texture greatly over "normal" room temperature. (This observation applies only to Terrabusi "clasico" thus far.)

Technique also good for mantecol at this time of year.

Back