Argentines American dream goes sour

Well its to bad for these people but they are in the country illegally got caught and now the law is being enforced. The fact that these people were willing to live in the U.S. with this hanging over their heads also says how bad it is in Argentina in comparison.

Gouchobob you really scrape the bottom of the barrel with your comments. They have been living in the USA for over 10 years and have a successful business . Have you bothered to read the article?

Instead of seeing the injustness of their situation you have turned this into an Anti Argentina tirade . I like to ask you if you yourself live in Argentina?

Many of us live here in Argentina for many positive reasons and we also have the choice to live in Europe and the west if we desire but our choice is to stay here . Argentina attracts more expats than any country in Latin America and the majority are satisfied with their lives . If you live somewhere that you do not like and can leave the fault is yours .

pericles said:
Many people complain about Argentina and its residency but compared to the USA its a dream . I read this story below and found it disturbing . The American dream can turn into a nightmare for many.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hGqZSpgYyTCZProzX5ulr7vYoTSQD9DRG1G00
I found this very disturbing too but for a different reason """On the street the S visa is known as the "snitch" visa. What if word got out that the Mayas were informing on immigrants like themselves?""" The Mayas where sacrificing immigrants like themselves for a visa, that is horrible.... I do wish they all could get a visa.....

Quentin.Daniels said:
I found this very disturbing too but for a different reason """On the street the S visa is known as the "snitch" visa. What if word got out that the Mayas were informing on immigrants like themselves?""" The Mayas where sacrificing immigrants like themselves for a visa, that is horrible.... I do wish they all could get a visa.....

Good points Quentin and I do not at all condone their behaviour but imho the fault lies on the authorities for using people and giving them false hopes in a desperate situation.

pericles said:
Gouchobob you really scrape the bottom of the barrel with your comments. They have been living in the USA for over 10 years and have a successful business . Have you bothered to read the article?

Instead of seeing the injustness of their situation you have turned this into an Anti Argentina tirade . I like to ask you if you yourself live in Argentina?

Many of us live here in Argentina for many positive reasons and we also have the choice to live in Europe and the west if we desire but our choice is to stay here . Argentina attracts more expats than any country in Latin America and the majority are satisfied with their lives . If you live somewhere that you do not like and can leave the fault is yours .

No anti Argentina tirade was made, it did sound like your comments were a bit anti American. It doesn't matter how long they were there, they were still there illegally, regardless of their personal circumstances. That's the risk they took, too bad for them but they knew what would happen if they got caught. My only comment regarding Argentina is that they must feel things are really bad here if they are willing to live in the U.S. with deportation hanging over their heads.

I married to someone from South America and know many peopled some family in similar situations, some who were caught and deported, others that are still there after many years. Some had good jobs and businesses. Roughly 10% of the U.S. population is Spanish speaking today, many of them in the country illegally. The possibly of offering amnesty or providing some sort of way to become legal residents has been discussed and proposed but it lacks political support for now.

I am here illegally too. "That's the risk they took", you didn't read the article did you HypocriteBob?

I have been to the USA 4 times and my best friend is from the USA negating your comments. Its ironic that people say that someone is anti USA when they post a article critical of government policies there but when they do the same here constantly its completely acceptable .

Argentina is not the only country in the world and there are many worse countries committing human right abuses that now in 2010 are very rare in Argentina. I have seen comments here on Christina Kirchner comparing her to dictators which is absolutely laughable.

Do we have political prisoners, no freedom of the press. war crimes, and a myriad of other issues common in the so called west. The prison population alone of the USA is over 2 million people and 70 percent are for minor crimes .

I find Argentina to have more freedom than anywhere I have lived elsewhere and that includes Europe,Australia and Hong Kong and while life is not perfect it certainly is much better than most foreign and local media commentators are trying to portray.

True American patriots questions their government. Or else they haven't read their own constitution.

pericles said:
I have been to the USA 4 times and my best friend is from the USA negating your comments. Its ironic that people say that someone is anti USA when they post a article critical of government policies there but when they do the same here constantly its completely acceptable .

Argentina is not the only country in the world and there are many worse countries committing human right abuses that now in 2010 are very rare in Argentina. I have seen comments here on Christina Kirchner comparing her to dictators which is absolutely laughable.

Do we have political prisoners, no freedom of the press. war crimes, and a myriad of other issues common in the so called west. The prison population alone of the USA is over 2 million people and 70 percent are for minor crimes .

I find Argentina to have more freedom than anywhere I have lived elsewhere and that includes Europe,Australia and Hong Kong and while life is not perfect it certainly is much better than most foreign and local media commentators are trying to portray.

Looks like you have gone off topic. I don't recall any article in the last several years that were critical of Argentina, there are many that are critical of the government. I have often posted criticism of the government but not of Argentina. As I have said to you before there is a big difference between the two. As whether you are anti American or not I don't know. I do know you have often and repeatedly posted criticism of the U.S., I don't remember ever hearing a good word from you regarding the U.S. I believe you can post anything you want regarding the U.S. or any other subject but you have to be prepared for people to respond back with other views. Don't take every criticism or opposing point of view as an attack on Argentina.

You appear to be (based on your posting) a big supporter of the Kirchners.
This I don't get, perhaps you could explain what you see in them.

Back