Argentines protest Milei's economic shock therapy

It's pretty obvious from your previous comment that you haven't read on the subject. I won't waste anymore time responding here.

It's pretty obvious from your previous comment that you haven't read on the subject. I won't waste anymore time responding here.
I, for one, like to stand corrected. But you really didn't provide nothing to correct my opinion. You posted part of the law and comment below, which didn't make much sense. And when disputed, you sent us digg out controversials by ourselves, claiming there is plenty around, although my quick search didn't bring me to them.

I still believe you, that there is much wrong with this law, knowing many other Argentinian laws. But repealing it completely, and with DNU, probably isn't the best way.

I, for one, like to stand corrected. But you really didn't provide nothing to correct my opinion. You posted part of the law and comment below, which didn't make much sense. And when disputed, you sent us digg out controversials by ourselves, claiming there is plenty around, although my quick search didn't bring me to them.

I still believe you, that there is much wrong with this law, knowing many other Argentinian laws. But repealing it completely, and with DNU, probably isn't the best way.
El Senado sancionó la ley que limita el uso de tierras ...

Máximo Kirchner presentó un proyecto de ley para ...

Incendios: el otro proyecto polémico que Máximo Kirchner ...

Qué es la Ley del Manejo del Fuego, el proyecto ...

My five minute search gave me these. They should get you started if you're interested.

And just a couple of points:
  • This law is only three years old. If it really was about protecting the environment, it sure took them a long time to get around to it.
  • The law was introduced in the middle of the Covid crisis, and seven months into a strict quarantine that was causing extreme hardship for the population. And this was the priority of the kirchnerismo?

I'm not sure, but it looks like you didn't buy the land that was available to be developed. You bought something with designated purpose, and this law prevents you to change its use by simply burn down, let's say forest.

In those 60 years you can do with this land all you could do before the fire.

Sounds very environmental to me, since it discourage burning down rainforest to turn it into fields.
it certainly didn't discourage anyone last year from torching the delta, did it

My five minute search gave me these. They should get you started if you're interested.

• This law is only three years old. If it really was about protecting the environment, it sure took them a long time to get around to it.
  • The law was introduced in the middle of the Covid crisis, and seven months into a strict quarantine that was causing extreme hardship for the population. And this was the priority of the kirchnerismo?

The reason for your viewpoint is clear from the four links you provided.

Two from Clarin, flagship of the Empiro Clarin, and staunch Macrista mentimedia.
One from La Nación, the most conservative newspaper in the country.
One from Infobae, which is run out of Miami, Florida.

Clearly you have been...let's be kind and say "influenced" by your sources of information. As are we all, to be fair. When I post links, they are always from the other side, and one could say with equal truth that I am influenced by the news sources I have chosen. The possible difference being that I spent most of my life getting my news from the same sources you use, and then chose to reject them when I discovered that there are other points of view.

My point here being that you seem to read only sources which hate peronism, and tell you unrelentingly that everything which springs from it is bad. So that's what you believe.

We live in an age of information warfare.

Two from Clarin, flagship of the Empiro Clarin, and staunch Macrista mentimedia.

Clearly you have been...let's be kind and say "influenced" by your sources of information. As are we all, to be fair. When I post links, they are always from the other side, and one could say with equal truth that I am influenced by the news sources I have chosen. The possible difference being that I spent most of my life getting my news from the same sources you use, and then chose to reject them when I discovered that there are other points of view.

My point here being that you seem to read only sources which hate peronism, and tell you unrelentingly that everything which springs from it is bad. So that's what you believe.

Nobody's going to accuse you of splitting hairs about that one.

I also read iProfesional, Perfil, and a few others, but I certainly don't pay attention to the trash put out by Victor Santa María or Cristóbal López. Nor do I think very much of people who are taken in by it. I'm aware of one person on this site that is very fond of that extremely biased nonsense. He's been living in Argentina illegally for a long time. I don't particularly hold that against him, but I do think that it speaks to his character and judgement, especially when I see so many people on this site making the enormous effort required to follow the rules and live here lawfully, and having made that effort myself. I'm not particularly fond of this fellow's opinions, and I find it impossible to take them seriously. But it's his right to express them.

I do believe that whatever you read, from whatever source, it's extremely important to read it with a critical eye, and to do your best to separate facts from opinions.

I really don't need a newspaper to tell me not to like peronism when I see:
  • the poverty level at 45%,
  • including 30% of people with full-time jobs
  • inflation at 150% a year, even with prices being held artificially low
  • from my balcony, people all day long going through the trash bins looking for food
  • people always sleeping on the sidewalk in my block, and in the general vicinity
  • the power outages beginning again (five in my block in the past week; I'm worried about this summer)
  • etc., etc., etc.

Thank you for the effort, however I did not find anything that would change my mind in those articles. Maybe possibility to sell the land after fire isn't really needed, the rest I can only approve. We are just build differently I guess.

Back