Argentines protest Milei's economic shock therapy

What a crock !

Oh?

In a free economic system, some people complain about high prices. Other people see high prices as an opportunity make, import, sell, broker, or arbitrage the situation. All of these actions have to side effect of bringing prices down.

Whomever solves other people's problems or finds a way to bring more joy and happiness to other people, will get rich.

There you go. One of the big secrets of life right there.
You're welcome.

Oh?

In a free economic system, some people complain about high prices. Other people see high prices as an opportunity make, import, sell, broker, or arbitrage the situation. All of these actions have to side effect of bringing prices down.

Whomever solves other people's problems or finds a way to bring more joy and happiness to other people, will get rich.

There you go. One of the big secrets of life right there.
You're welcome.
What a blind, pollyanna crock ! .

Argentina has never been more expensive imho than now . I have kept a close track on prices since 2002 and prices for food in dollars are outrageous now and scarily in just 6 months will be double in dollars . We are heading to be like Luanda Angola the most expensive city of the planet where 80 percent live in poverty but a elite class are filthy rich . I remember that icecream was for 2 kilos in many places less than 900 pesos or 6 dollars at that time . Now 2 kilos is close to 20 dollars in good healderias like rapanui. Parillas are now a luxury outing with average steak prices around 15000 pesos . This is 15 dollars . In 2003 the same steak was maximum 3 dollars . I like many long term expats are thinking what to do now as the cost of living is becoming too much !
Massive printing by central banks result in high inflation. I, too, recall prices from 2011 (my first time here) vs today but bear in mind prices here are significantly lower in most categories than say, in the US. Also, most expats are probably making more now than a decade ago. No easy answer and I don't see it getting better.

The boomers on this forum are unbelievably out of touch with reality

I'm referencing a life process that has been in effect for 3.5 billion years; and you think that something special has happened to your generation separating you from all prior life on planet earth? No, madame/sir it does not.

Bitterness is what separates us, not proximity to reality.

This is the place. This is time. A lot of future successful people, currently in the 16-30 age cohort will look back and say it all started here and now.

I'm referencing a life process that has been in effect for 3.5 billion years; and you think that something special has happened to your generation separating you from all prior life on planet earth? No, madame/sir it does not.

Bitterness is what separates us, not proximity to reality.

This is the place. This is time. A lot of future successful people, currently in the 16-30 age cohort will look back and say it all started here and now.
Argentina is now the land of opportunity and the money hasn't been made yet. The transformation in El Salvador over the past few years has been incredible, and El Salvador is not a particularly appealing country. I think the situations are at the very least comparable, with both countries being under the control of some really crappy people that made making a living completely unviable and then suddenly liberated. For all the times where I wish I would have known then what I know now, or worse, when I knew but didn't act on it, it's nice to finally be in the right place at the right time.

Back