Argentinian Accent is it the best

perry

Registered
Many believe that Buenos Aires has the spanish speaking worlds best accent and I am inclined to believe that if well spoken the dialect from the Rio Plate is the sweetest on the ears . I have a great youtube video from an aussie about why he loves the Porteno accent . Do you agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy66HJHkQ-w

Your joking of course, I learnt spanish in the UK (ok badly I can't help being thick) and I still do not get the "sh" thing, it drives me nuts. and the way they pronounce Plaza and ayer and well I could go on. :eek:

tangobob said:
Your joking of course, I learnt spanish in the UK (ok badly I can't help being thick) and I still do not get the "sh" thing, it drives me nuts. and the way they pronounce Plaza and ayer and well I could go on. :eek:

You mean playa?

That Aussie guys speaks really well. He probably grew up in both countries.

Jajajaj that's hilarious. He says "viste" a LOT but hes more right than I would like to admit.

On the other hand I really like Spanish accent but I still rather speak with the Argentinian one.

PS: Son todos putos!

jajajaja

Being here 5 years now I have heard 1000s of people speak here and the ones who use language well and with flair make the local dialect sexy and interesting. For pure phonetic grammar and enunciation Bogotenos ( Bogota Colombia ) are the best speakers of the Spanish speaking world but for pure distinction and creativity there is no better accent than Buenos Aires. It stands out from the crowd with its mixture of color and rhyme.

Choripán said:
Porteño castellano, which I love for many reasons, sounds like an incredibly drunk Italian trying to speak Spanish with his mouth full of second-rate pizza.

One of the funniest things I have read on this forum! I admit when I first came here I didn't know what language they were speaking.

For me, I love how they speak spanish in parts of Columbia and probably my favorite is Venezuela. When they speak it is almost like a song they are singing. To me very beautiful spanish, very easy on the ear.

Once I got past the different pronunciation here in Buenos Aires, it just sounds like they are whining to me. Oh wait, I think they are! Personally I think we Americans have done to english much the same that Argentines have done to spanish. i.e. destroyed it!

But hey that's just me.

:)

markbsas said:
One of the funniest things I have read on this forum! I admit when I first came here I didn't know what language they were speaking.

For me, I love how they speak spanish in parts of Columbia and probably my favorite is Venezuela. When they speak it is almost like a song they are singing. To me very beautiful spanish, very easy on the ear.

Once I got past the different pronunciation here in Buenos Aires, it just sounds like they are whining to me. Oh wait, I think they are! Personally I think we Americans have done to english much the same that Argentines have done to spanish. i.e. destroyed it!

But hey that's just me.

:)

All languages can be butchered turning a beautiful sound into one that sounds like nails stratching down a blackboard. Growing up in Australia I heard the most crassest english that you could imagine mixed with that famous nasal intonation uniquely australian . Saying that I have also heard some of the best english accents in the world in Melbourne Australia that are a delight to listen to.

Buenos Aires is a city of extremes and while there are many irritating speakers there are many others as well who have beautiful voices who capture the spirit of this vibrant metropolis . Argentina has the best theatre and cinema industry in the spanish speaking world and produces highly original works and excellent actors who speak beautifully .

Back