Argentinian Accent is it the best

I absolutely love the way they speak Spanish here, like an italian. The Argentines have the best of both languages: the intonation and expressive speaking of the italians and the spanish language... I only hope I will be able to take over their accent completely ;)

Besides Argentine Spanish, I love the Spanish Spanish the best.

HTML:
Many believe that Buenos Aires has the spanish speaking worlds best accent

For what it's worth, in 10 years I've never heard any Argentine say they thought they had a good acent. Just the opposite. They cite the aspiration of the "s", among other things, as evidence of what they percieve to be substandard pronunciation.

I am an argie, from BA.
But i lived in Miami, Florida....for about 9 years, reason why i have a good idea of different accents.

Buenos Aires accent (which is incorrectly known by foreigners as Argies accent) is not proper at all if you analize it from a gramatical point of view.

I think maybe...Colombian (from bogota), would be the most correct spanish.

Buenos Aires and New York have a lot in common, i believe.
One of those similarities would be the strange way they had deformed their respective languages.
It seems right for me...even if it is grammatically wrong.

I am an argie, from BA. Buenos Aires accent is not proper at all if you analize it from a gramatical point of view.

That's what I was talking about!

I don't think this thread was about wether or not Argentine Spanish is correct or not, but what it sounds like.

If you consider Castilian Spanish as the only 'correct' Spanish, than you should also consider British English as the only 'correct' English. (which -to be honest- is what schools in Belgium think : if you speak with an american accent you can never get good marks in school :eek:)

I think one should accept that languages change over time, and if the language is spoken by more people in more countries, the probability that it changes differently in different zones is bigger. Even Castilian Spanish of today is a lot different then the same language 500 years ago.

One should accept regional differences in the same language and not consider them as wrong or bad. Personally I like hearing those regional differences both in Spanish/English/French...

If this guy learned to speak like that without having grown up in Argentina he has a remarkable talent for learning a language. He really understands Porteño Spanish and all its nuances including intonation, even accompanying gestures. I can't say that I find the Spanish spoken here very pleasant, though. It sounds more musical in other parts of Latin America. The vocabulary used by many Porteños today is also pretty coarse. I find it gets a little disgusting to hear it all the time.

I havent had much problem getting the accent down but i've always enjoyed the way argentines spoke, i think the guy from the video did a pretty good job although somethings were a little bit exagerated.
-cody

I can be in the back woods of North Carolina and run into an illegal Mexican and start conversing and they will immediately tell me I am an Argentina.... and this is after being away for 50 years (coming back to get the feel every few years though). We are truly unique in the way we speak but I think it's also our body language and attitude. I love it.

Look at him. You cannot possibly think that he is and Aussie, He is obvously an Argie that has lived in Australia. Just look at him!!!!!!!!!!!

Viajero Mike said:
Look at him. You cannot possibly think that he is and Aussie, He is obvously an Argie that has lived in Australia. Just look at him!!!!!!!!!!!

NO you are wrong he is a Chilean who grow up in Australia, imitating a villero.

Back