Argentinian Citizenship

doshermanos

Registered
Hola,

I am a austrian citizen and 29 years old. My father is austrian and my mother has the austrian and argentinian citizenship. She was born in Argentina and lived in argentina until she was 22 years old. Then she met my father, moved to austria and after a few years she got the austrian citizenship besides the argentinian. So she still has both citizenships.

My question is now if I can obtain the argentinian citizenship because my mother is an argentinian citizen? Actually I found already it is possible if one part of your partens are from argentina but my consideration is that I am maybe too old already (29 years) and it is too late.

Gracias

There is an Argentine Embassy in Vienna. Check with the Consulate about what you need to obtain citizenship.

Hola doshermanos,

it is not too late. However the linked thread talks about getting permanent residency in Argentina through blood (in your case, being the son of an Argentine citizen), however I gather from your message that you don't intend to live here in Argentina, just to acquire citizenship.

In this case you should apply directly at the Argentine consulate in Austria (I suppose the ones closest to you is in Wien).
You can read about this option here, under "Ciudadania por opcion": http://etria.cancill...lidad-argentina

I can't find a detailed list of the documents required in order to do so in Wien, but there is one on the website of the Arg. Consulate in NYC that should give you an idea of what you will need: http://cnyor.mrecic.gov.ar/node/1666

Anyway, please check with the actual consulate where you are going to apply to know their procedure and fee.

(1) Partida de nacimiento original del progenitor argentino que transfiere la nacionalidad a su hijo (no se aceptan fotocopias ni faxes) .¿Cómo obtener partidas de nacimiento de Argentina?.
(2) Partida de nacimiento original de la persona que adquirirá la nacionalidad argentina, legalizada con la “Apostille” de la Convención de La Haya. ¿Dónde puedo obtener la “Apostille”?
(3) Pasaporte u otro documento con foto válido (ej. licencia de conducir) que permita identificar fehacientemente al optante.
(4) DNI del progenitor argentino que transfiere la nacionalidad argentina, y DNI o pasaporte del otro progenitor sea argentino o extranjero sólo si la persona que adquirirá la nacionalidad argentina es menor de 18 años.
(5) Los trámites de inscripción de nacimiento y de opción por la nacionalidad argentina son gratuitos, no así la obtención de DNI y pasaporte. Ver Aranceles.

it is not too late.
It has already been stated very clearly:
There is NO AGE REQUIREMENT for a son of an Argentine.
No more, no less.

However the linked thread talks about getting permanent residency in Argentina through blood (in your case, being the son of an Argentine citizen), however I gather from your message that you don't intend to live here in Argentina, just to acquire citizenship.
No one ever mentioned anything about living in Argentina (or any of the other multiple several options he has).

SIDE NOTE 1:
Wouldn´t it be much nicer and more pleasant, if we refrain from putting words in other people´ mouth?
Very much appreciated,
Thank You.

SIDE NOTE 2:
BAExpats Forum is really a rich source of a great wealth and essential information for foreigners. The problem is that the info is :
  • Mutilated into 100 million pieces.
  • Scattered and buried and under tons of posts.
  • Mixed with Myth, Misinformation and Distortions.
  • etc ...
Makes it extremely difficult to get a comprehensive accurate complete full overview of any one specific topic.

All the info beyond your imagination is certainly HERE on BAExpats.
What matters is .. what you make of it?

It has already been stated very clearly:
There is NO AGE REQUIREMENT for a son of an Argentine.
No more, no less.

No one ever mentioned anything about living in Argentina (or any of the other multiple several options he has).

To live in Argentina isn't requied.

....khairyexpat's rant...

I gave a look at the post you linked, it looks like he can acquire Permanent Residency being the son of an Argentine (true), but following the Citizen-path, instead, from your graph it looks like you need a judge (Poder Federal), which would be not be doshermanos' case. He is the son of an Argentine citizen, he simply has to present the paperworks at his consulate and choose to be Argentino por opcion. There is no judge or court involved, he has the right to be citizen straight away!

We have a similar case in the family and we are presenting the documentation here in Argentina just because the whole family from the EU is coming here on holiday.

I WILL REMAIN RESPECTFUL !

If you still want to argue with @Bajo-cero Dr. Rubilar , .... go on.

I´m confident the OP can read the post in its original form without any additions, distortions or misinterpretations, then he can make his own informed decision that serves his best interest.

Thank you very much.

I still don't understand why you are so pissed off.

If I gave wrong info, please explain. If you are just angry because I dared to post below the link to your other thread called IMMIGRATION for foreigners, please note that: 1) the OP is not an immigrant 2) the OP never expressed the interest in actually moving to Argentina.

Your other thread IMMI-help is very useful for people who want to immigrate to the country and have a foreign passport.
I don't see why my post contradicts Bajo_cero's indications, feel free to point this out to me. As I mentioned, we have a similar thing going on in the family and this is interesting to me, as well.

Stop being so pissed if a new member or other members didn't spend the past 9 years to read the forum and don't know your posts like the palm of their hand!

Serafína is right about he can apply straight at the AR consulate. However, they normally use restricted interpretations of the law, if this happens, then you can do it at Court with a power of attorney.

In your case you are argentine, you just need the papers to evidence it: citizenship by blood.

PR makes no sense in his case.
I don t see contradiction between our comments.

Back