Argentinian Or Brazilian Men??

polostar88

Registered
I am curious to hear the opinion of women. For those of you who have experience with both, do you prefer Argentinian men or Brazilian men? (I'm neither, just curious). They seem very different.

*not expecting honest answers* :rolleyes:

what aspect are you asking about exactly???? hehe ;)

Ha it's an open-ended question...open for interpretation...dating, relationships, baking, sex0rs, etc., whatever...

But should I deduce from your question that they're each good for different things lol

Oh, man! Please allow me to jump right in on this one!

My high school sweetheart was an exchange student from Belo Horizonte, Brazil (2nd boyfriend ever). He pretty much ruined me for any American/Yanqui men in the future! I've always been fascinated by people from other countries/cultural backgrounds in general, even before I had any romantic relationships. He seriously only resulted in exacerbating the problem. I have to be honest- for a good number of years, it's like I practiced "reverse discrimination" with the guys I dated. If you weren't dark (eyes, skin, hair) and didn't speak with an accent in English... well, we could always be good friends. Needless to say, this bias also got me into plenty of trouble later on (but I'd rather not incriminate myself ;))

The Brazilian guy was a "stereotype," but in a very positive way- Charming, fascinating, had a certain "je ne sais quoi" about him, and had a personal warmth about him that Yanqui guys always seemed to lack in my eyes. Was I biased? You'd better believe it! And looks/physical attraction? HA! A smitten teen girl who was utterly gaga about her painfully gorgeous Brazilian BF can never have terribly positive outcomes!

I'll be honest- one of the things that I truly love about Brazil is that if you say, "I'm Brazilian," I can't imagine what you look like- You could be any color, any shape, any size, have any distinguishing features, but there is no "typical Brazilian" in that sense. Once again (forgive my bias, I know that there are always exceptions), but despite this wide range of phsyical characteristics, there is "something" about them that make them a personal weakness for me (or vice, depending on the semantics you want to use!).

Despite this, I'm married to an Argentine. Sweet, but very shy. Cute as can be, definitely attracted to him, but not "OMIGOD- Take me NOW!" hot. Same "je ne sais quoi" about him, but not a "charmer." But just like the Brazilian kind of "ruined me for other men," so did my husband. This is it for me. Not to sound cheesy, but if I was ever back on the dating scene again for whatever reason, I'd always be comparing anyone I met to my husband. It'd be very hard to take any future romantic relationship seriously.

In a nutshell- Stereotypes do exist for a reason, no doubt! But there are a TON of variables that can go either way. But here's the good news!: There are about 197,000,000 Brazilians. There are about 41,000,000 Argentines. Pretty equal numbers for both genders- There are quite a few to choose from!

Qué bárbaro!
Muito legal!
;)

Oh, man! Please allow me to jump right in on this one!

My high school sweetheart was an exchange student from Belo Horizonte, Brazil (2nd boyfriend ever). He pretty much ruined me for any American/Yanqui men in the future! I've always been fascinated by people from other countries/cultural backgrounds in general, even before I had any romantic relationships. He seriously only resulted in exacerbating the problem. I have to be honest- for a good number of years, it's like I practiced "reverse discrimination" with the guys I dated. If you weren't dark (eyes, skin, hair) and didn't speak with an accent in English... well, we could always be good friends. Needless to say, this bias also got me into plenty of trouble later on (but I'd rather not incriminate myself ;))

The Brazilian guy was a "stereotype," but in a very positive way- Charming, fascinating, had a certain "je ne sais quoi" about him, and had a personal warmth about him that Yanqui guys always seemed to lack in my eyes. Was I biased? You'd better believe it! And looks/physical attraction? HA! A smitten teen girl who was utterly gaga about her painfully gorgeous Brazilian BF can never have terribly positive outcomes!

I'll be honest- one of the things that I truly love about Brazil is that if you say, "I'm Brazilian," I can't imagine what you look like- You could be any color, any shape, any size, have any distinguishing features, but there is no "typical Brazilian" in that sense. Once again (forgive my bias, I know that there are always exceptions), but despite this wide range of phsyical characteristics, there is "something" about them that make them a personal weakness for me (or vice, depending on the semantics you want to use!).

Despite this, I'm married to an Argentine. Sweet, but very shy. Cute as can be, definitely attracted to him, but not "OMIGOD- Take me NOW!" hot. Same "je ne sais quoi" about him, but not a "charmer." But just like the Brazilian kind of "ruined me for other men," so did my husband. This is it for me. Not to sound cheesy, but if I was ever back on the dating scene again for whatever reason, I'd always be comparing anyone I met to my husband. It'd be very hard to take any future romantic relationship seriously.

In a nutshell- Stereotypes do exist for a reason, no doubt! But there are a TON of variables that can go either way. But here's the good news!: There are about 197,000,000 Brazilians. There are about 41,000,000 Argentines. Pretty equal numbers for both genders- There are quite a few to choose from!

Qué bárbaro!
Muito legal!
;)

Interdasting. Although I do think it's sad that many men and women in the US write each other off to find mates in other continents. It's a bit...sad...
(I'm not American...)

What you say about Brazilian vs. Argentinian men is, with proper translation, what I have also observed. Of course it's not 100% either way, but a general rule. As well as there's a difference between the style that Argentinian men go for and the style Brazilian men go for, so in the cases where they're successful the end result is different.

Interdasting. Although I do think it's sad that many men and women in the US write each other off to find mates in other continents. It's a bit...sad...
(I'm not American...)

What you say about Brazilian vs. Argentinian men is, with proper translation, what I have also observed. Of course it's not 100% either way, but a general rule. As well as there's a difference between the style that Argentinian men go for and the style Brazilian men go for, so in the cases where they're successful the end result is different.

Hey, Polostar88,

I totally get what you mean about some specific nationalities/communities blindly writing each other off only based on nationality/identification. Although I meant what I wrote, I don't want to come off as someone who wasn't willing to give a decent person a chance.

In my case, I grew up in the Midwest of the United States (Ohio) and despite my school's large population (my graduating class had 637 students!), there was a shocking lack of diversity. This wasn't just race, but nationalities, linguistic backgrounds, religions, etc. It was simply not my cup of tea. It was Middle America/Suburbia at its finest. I know many decent people who were born there, grew up there, and will die there, and that's fine. I didn't come from a one horse town, but I didn't feel like "this is it" for me.

(BTW- I also have acquaintances who grew up there, who will never apply for a US passport. Not because they can't afford to travel or don't have the opportunity, but it's the same old, "But we already have everything we need in "Amurica" and they think that any place besides Canada will result in you getting kidnapped, contracting the ebola virus, and having to eat cockroaches or something. I honestly couldn't relate to these people. I repeat- decent people, but there was a deep interest and passion that could never be shared!).

I guess that's kind of why whatever is "different" is automatically "exotic and desirable" elsewhere. In the US, "thin is in," whereas in other parts of the world, being plump is beautiful. When I lived in Korea, my Korean friends (both male and female) were utterly obsessed and fascinated with someone who was blonde with blue eyes (I'm sure you know about many guys in the US with the "Asian fetish." You get my drift.

I'll still be honest- I do have some innate attraction to non-gringo type guys... But it all worked out in the end! :)

In my case, I grew up in the Midwest of the United States (Ohio) and despite my school's large population (my graduating class had 637 students!), there was a shocking lack of diversity. This wasn't just race, but nationalities, linguistic backgrounds, religions, etc. It was simply not my cup of tea. It was Middle America/Suburbia at its finest. I know many decent people who were born there, grew up there, and will die there, and that's fine. I didn't come from a one horse town, but I didn't feel like "this is it" for me.

(BTW- I also have acquaintances who grew up there, who will never apply for a US passport. Not because they can't afford to travel or don't have the opportunity, but it's the same old, "But we already have everything we need in "Amurica" and they think that any place besides Canada will result in you getting kidnapped, contracting the ebola virus, and having to eat cockroaches or something. I honestly couldn't relate to these people. I repeat- decent people, but there was a deep interest and passion that could never be shared!).

If I could "like" your post again, I would. It sounds like we grew up in the same boat, albeit a different Midwestern state.

Awwww, thanks!

I guess if you've experienced one mid-western town, you've experienced them all.

But to further strengthen my "case," I want to explain why I was sometimes hesitant to introduce my Brazilian boyfriend at the time to my American friends.... Here are some REAL examples of the questions they asked him:

"Oh, you're from Brazil! Hablas espanol?"
"Is it true that you guys don't have paved roads?"
"Do you live in trees?"
"Why do Brazilians eat cats?"
"Do the Brazilian men really have 3 wives?"

I would normally wind up profusely apologizing before and after the meet-and-greet. I did get very offended when (he was 17 going on 18, I was 15 going on 16), some ding-dong had the nerve to tell me that by Brazilian BF was buttering me up to marry me for a green card (Oh, HELL NO!).

I traveled to Brazil twice to visit him, and it was a remarkable experience. I traveled while the weather was still very warm, but I was explicitly warned NOT to pack any short-shorts/anything too revealing. Why? "Because Brazil is a conservative country."

I had never been outside the US in my life when I first arrived. It didn't take long for me to realize after going to a beach that anyone pretty much between the ages of 12-112 was wearing a G-string swim suit "filo dental" (REGARDLESS of gender). Having already been sternly warned about playing it safe and being "conservative," I felt immensely confused for the first part of my trip!

I can relate so much to Laurens story, they also ruined me for the tall blonde blue eyed guys i grew up with. Im not sure if i was ever into them, but when i started dating guys, it was with foreigners since the beginning and i havent gone back. All of them Spanish speaking, except the Brazilian. I like both, but yes, very different. Brazilian men are great to hang out with, go out with, theyre funny, they have their easy charm, really good for a laugh mostly and smooth. Great flirts, but not too serious. Thats their main problem, theyre so laid back, they lack a bit of seriousness. Argentinean guys are also attractive, charming (any guy is charming compared to what walks around at home most of the time), i love love love the accent and have to say i miss it in the Brazilians even if Portuguese doesnt sound bad at all, theyre better talkers, fun but they cant beat the Brazilians. As much as i adore them at first sight, they also get on my nerves with the pride and arrogance, and the bullshit. My favorite guys are from right in the middle, Uruguay! The nice accent, the conversations and the interesting side of the Argentinean guys, but as theyre not from BsAs, theyre not so full of themselves, and they seem to share the funny, laid back side of the Brazilians. Never dated one, but have some good friends from there and love them,

I can relate so much to Laurens story, they also ruined me for the tall blonde blue eyed guys i grew up with. Im not sure if i was ever into them, but when i started dating guys, it was with foreigners since the beginning and i havent gone back. All of them Spanish speaking, except the Brazilian. I like both, but yes, very different. Brazilian men are great to hang out with, go out with, theyre funny, they have their easy charm, really good for a laugh mostly and smooth. Great flirts, but not too serious. Thats their main problem, theyre so laid back, they lack a bit of seriousness. Argentinean guys are also attractive, charming (any guy is charming compared to what walks around at home most of the time), i love love love the accent and have to say i miss it in the Brazilians even if Portuguese doesnt sound bad at all, theyre better talkers, fun but they cant beat the Brazilians. As much as i adore them at first sight, they also get on my nerves with the pride and arrogance, and the bullshit. My favorite guys are from right in the middle, Uruguay! The nice accent, the conversations and the interesting side of the Argentinean guys, but as theyre not from BsAs, theyre not so full of themselves, and they seem to share the funny, laid back side of the Brazilians. Never dated one, but have some good friends from there and love them,
Go rosario or cordoba or some other city that is not Buenos Aires, for what i hear that is the mix you are looking for, uruguay would be the same kind of mind set than the other provincial states in Argentina. People in Buenos Aires is just diferent they belive them self better than the rest.

Back